Chapter 29

(Loki's PoV)

I stiffened as she asked me that. I should have known she would ask that. I should never have brought up the subject, but there was no getting out if it now.

"Come with me," I said as we walked to my current bedroom so no one would hear this. I really didn't want anyone, let alone Thor to hear about this. We walked in, I sat on the bed and Diana sat in a chair right across from me. I was hesitant to explain it to her, because by now she probably figured out the nightmare had something to do with her. I took a deep breath, and explained everything to her. After the tale was done we sat in silence for a while. She didn't say anything, she just occasionally looked at her hands. I tried to read her mind but it was blank, she knew I was going to try that.

(Diana's PoV)

I sat there in silence. He really dreamed about that? I didn't think about anything because I knew he'd try to read my mind. Now I know why he didn't want anyone else to hear.

'Maybe I should tell him about....stop it,' I thought to myself as Loki stopped reading my mind.

"Maybe you should tell me what?" he asked with a smirk on his face.

"About last night, I made those lights...but I'm not exactly sure how," I said with a slight laugh.

"Well when did it happen?" he asked me.

"Well I had went for a walk sense I couldn't get any sleep, and I had a weird feeling that was coming from the forest. So I decided to follow the feeling I got, and I reached the center of the forest. It was incredibly dark, but then I could see and there was this necklace that had just appeared out of no where. I went to pick it up and then as soon as I touched it those lights just launched up in the sky," I told him.

"What did the necklace look like?" he asked me curiously.

"Well it looked like a crescent moon, it was a sparkly silver with dots of gold every here and there" I said to him. Loki went dead silent. The smirk on his face was gone and it was as if his blood had run cold.

"Umm, are you ok?" I asked him.

"Yes I'm fine it's just that..," he stopped and I knew why. I could hear the Avengers coming, and so did he. I walked out of the room as the Avengers came down the hallway. They didn't notice I had come out of Loki's room, which was probably a good thing. I walked up to them.

(Tony's PoV)

We had just finished talking to Odin. He had asked us to help watch over Diana while we were here, but we all knew that Diana wasn't going to be happy with that. I'm honestly not that happy with having to watch her, only because I know she'll be mad about Clint and I having to watch her. I have no doubt that she's still mad at us for what we did, but all we did is try to help. And how did she react? By getting mad at us, for helping! Soon Diana ran into us and we could tell she was curios to find out what Odin had said.

"So what did Odin say?" she asked. We all exchanged glances until Steve finally spoke up.

"Odin wants us to help you," Steve said. This really annoyed Diana but I don't think she was even strong enough to get angry.

"And by help you mean watch me, because he doesn't trust me," Diana said as she turned away and headed toward her room. None of us even dared to stop her. We knew she would be upset, and we already knew she was in a lot of pain. Honestly I really wanted to just go back to Earth. Odin may not have trusted Diana, but he does know making us watch her would only make things worse. But there was no reasoning with him. He was the kin of this place after all.

(Diana's PoV)

I walked back to my room after that little talk with the Avengers. I don't blame Odin for not trusting me, but he still doesn't have to force them to watch me. That is only going to make things worse. I took a deep breath when I got back to my room. I did this a few more times until I was positive I was calm enough for the darkness to stay hidden. Speaking of darkness I cant stop thinking about what Loki's nightmare had been about. Did Thor really see me that way? Would I really hurt Loki like I had in his nightmare? Was I really destined to be locked up on Earth for the rest of my life? Maybe I shouldn't have asked him about it. But maybe it was a good thing I did. Then I remembered I had hid the necklace. I checked to make sure, and it was. I didn't want to touch it because I thought it might set off the northern lights again. I starred at it.

'Why did Loki seem shocked when I told him about this?' I thought to myself. I would have thought more about it but my thoughts where cut short from a knock at my door.

"Come in," I sighed preparing for one of the Avengers to walk in. I was really hoping it wasn't Tony or Clint, if it was either of them I wouldn't be to happy. When the door opened I was surprised to see Thor standing there.

"Did you lose something?" he asked with a small smile as he held up the book I had stol-...borrowed. I would have been more excited but the way Thor acted in Loki's nightmare made my excitement vanish. I took it out of his hand.

"Thanks, how did you get it?" I asked.

"I had picked it up before we left," he told me as he left. I was happy he didn't try to stay longer. I took the book and sat on the bed. I wasn't sure if I even wanted to read it. So far it didn't have anything good, it was all sad and painful to read. I went to open the book but I was stopped by a loud yell. It sounded like it came from.....the throne room. Great, who pissed off Odin now? I turned myself invisible and I snuck out to see what this was all about. I silently made my way there and peeked through the door which was open just a crack.

"Did you give her the book?" I heard Odin ask.

"Yes I did, but father are you sure we should do this?" I heard Thor ask in return. What the heck where they talking about? I mean, I know it was about me but, what?!

"This is the only way, she could have killed you! I don't want to do this, but if we don't lock her up she will destroy not only those around her, but herself as well," Odin said.

"Still manipulating her into trusting me is not right!" Thor yelled. I wanted to yell at Odin with all my rage but I had to keep quiet to find out more.

"Can you think of another way we can get her to willingly accept this?" Odin asked with what sounded like sadness in his voice. Did Odin even mean it when he apologized? Have I've been blinded this whole time? Was he really making Thor do this? So many questions I wouldn't have answered, but I ignored them as Thor retaliated.

"No, but we can't lock her up, it's not her fault that it happens," Thor said. It was weird to see him defend me after what I had heard about. Wait, if Thor really is being told to lock me up....does that mean....no....no it cant mean that! It can't mean that Loki dreamed of what the future held. Does this mean...I am going to be locked up and I am going to hurt Loki along with who knows else?!? No this can't happen!! It can't happen!!

"If she could control it, maybe things would be different. When I apologized to her I meant what I said, but I still need her locked up. I am sorry but there is no other choice," Odin said as Thor grew angry but didn't say anything. This was it, Thor was going to trick me into going back to Earth to be locked up, and this time....there would be no leaving Earth. Ever again.