Chapter 37

(Tony's PoV)

All the Avengers where in one room and we were wondering how soon we would have to go back to Earth. We couldn't stay here to long, but we couldn't go back to soon either. With our luck as soon as we got back to Earth something bad would happen to Diana.

"So how long till we go back to Earth?" Clint asked.

"I'm not sure, probably soon," Bruce said in return.

"Exactly, Thor doesn't really expect us to stay until Diana comes back does he? He does know that she's probably not coming back anytime soon, right?" I asked.

"Who knows, but what is Furry going to say when she comes back. He is going to want an explanation, and telling him about everything that's happened to her is not a good idea," Natasha said.

"I'm not sure what we'll tell him, but we are not going to tell him about the bad things that have happened here," Steve said. We all nodded as Thor walked into the room.

"Can Heimdal see her?" Natasha asked.

"No, her spell is up again but if she has the strength to cast it then I think the darkness hasn't tried to take over again," Thor told us.

"You think she'll be ok?" Clint asked.

"I hope so, but with the darkness I am not certain she will be," Thor said.

"Well as long as...he is actually willing to help her stop it like before, I think she'll be fine," Bruce said and everyone fell into a short silence. I hadn't really thought much about what Loki had done.

"Why do you think he helped?" Steve asked. All eyes went back and forth from Steve to Thor.

"You don't really think he actually cares do you?" I asked as I got a look from Clint.

"Well it would appear he does or he wouldn't have helped," Thor said.

"Really, the same person who nearly killed her now cares about her? You cant be serious, he doesn't care about anything. This is probably just part of some plot to take her power!" I said angrily but what Thor said next shocked the whole room.

"When the darkness took over it was exposed and very easy to take if anything tried. Loki knows that the easiest time to have taken the power would have been when it tried to take control, but he didn't," Thor said. All eyes fell on me and every now and then a few would look at Thor. We all fell silent and no one said anything else.

"Well I am going down to the banquet hall, if any of you are hungry you may join me," Thor said as he walked away. Everyone followed him and so did I. I was pretty hungry.

(Loki's PoV)

I knew if Diana went on her own she would be consumed by the darkness, and I was not going to let that happen.

"Loki, if you keep traveling with me you are going to get yourself killed!" she yelled at me as she pulled her hand away. The dark spirals began to appear around her wrists and she tried to walk away again.

"But if I don't keep traveling with you, then you will know a pain worse than death," I told her and this made her stop walking away, but she still didn't make eye contact.

"I know that," she responded. The pain in her voice was impossible for her to hide. I noticed her hands where now clenched in a fist as if she was trying to hold the darkness back, but she was failing.

"You knew that will happen yet you still want to go on your own?" I asked her. She merely nodded, and I walked over to her. I could now see the tear stains on her face and I now knew why she only nodded and didn't speak. If she had spoken she would have had to stop herself.

"I....I just didn't want to see you get hurt," she said as she still did not make eye contact.

"Really?" I asked her. She nodded again and finally made eye contact. Her light blue eyes were watery as if she was trying to fight the tears. She tried to act like she was strong enough to hold them back but I knew she wouldn't be able to hold it back for long. I remained silent as she went to speak but she was interrupted. The same noise that had came with the darkness had began again. A combination of fear and worry washed over her face as she looked around. Her breathing quickened as I noticed the dark spirals on her arm. She went to walk away but I stopped her before she got to far. I gently grabbed her arm.

"Diana, it will be ok. You can fight it," I told her.

"No I can't, you know that," her voice cracked.

(Tiana's PoV)

I felt a surge of darkness in the air as I sat in the banquet hall with Thor and his Midgardian friends. None of the others noticed because it was small, but I could sense it no matter how small. As I ate Thor's friend, who was called Bruce, could sense my worry. No one besides him actually noticed but I didn't really mind, although it did feel weird to have no one notice when you feel bad. I wonder if that's how Diana felt. The memory was erased as I noticed most of Thor and his friends where starting to get up and leave. Before I could leave Bruce stopped me and asked me a question.

"Is something the matter, you seem nervous. Is it about Diana?" he asked me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Sorry this chapter is so short but I really wanted to update sense I haven't in a while. I also wanted to let you all know I LOVE all your positive feedback and I am very appreciative of all the reads/votes this has. So once again thank you all, and I hope you look forward to the next chapter!