chapter 2- regret

Hi guys, if your reading this you reading my book, so thanks!

Please comment and vote.

Xx SAB

Adeline's POV

I had finally finished college,That's another thing to check off my life list. When I was younger I made a mental list of all the things I wanted to do in life; past middle school,pass high school, get a job, pass college, get a car,live in a mansion, have a Prince Charming for a husband.....

"Adeline, hello earth to Adeline." Cooed violet. Ever since middle school violet and I we're besties, but you would never guess it we were total opposite. Violet was short with medium length blonde curly hair. Then there was me. I was normal height with long straight brown hair, the one thing we had in common was we were both very loud and talkative.

"Adeline sometimes I think I should take you to a mental hospital" violet started to get annoyed.

"Sorry what was that" I tried to snap back to reality.

" I was saying aren't you glad the house next door to you sold now you get new neighbours, maybe even some hot guys" violet was a love struck teen, any boy she saw she hit on!

"SHOTGUN!"we both said simultaneously. We had this thing whenever we saw hot guys we shot gun them. We laughed for about 10 minutes I think people driving by thought we were nuts.

"Adeline, would you get inside we have news" mum whispered to me, she didn't want the neighbours to think that I was deranged, "oh, hi violet. You will have to excuse Adeline but I'm sure you can 'hang out' another time"

"sorry mrs Collins, I will call you later Adeline" violet said and gave me a hug.

As soon as I walked in I yelled out to mum that I was taking a shower, that's my excuse for everything. Every time mum said she wanted to talk to me it was always a bad thing, so I would run upstairs and take a shower for like an hour.

"No Adeline not now, plus I have good news!" She was overly joyed it kind of scared me,

"obviously you remember Jesse, we'll they moved back! And they living back in their old house again, how great is this"

At first I was shocked did I want to see him, he left me for 15 years, never called once and never ever wished me a happy birthday. I always did to him! But then it hit me we were best friends I couldn't forget about him, now he is back that means me,violet and Jesse could be an awesome trio.

"Adeline I'm starting to worry about you constantly spacing out. I was saying get dressed because we are going there for dinner at ......" Her eyes flickered down to her watch, "6 so get dressed you only have 20 minutes, if you weren't always shopping with violet you wouldn't be late for things, no go, quick" I couldn't deny it violet and I loved shopping.

I raced up stairs it took me at least 10 minutes to reach my room, our house was very big because we had relatives that were always staying. I walked into my room, a typical girls room let me describe it to you in one word: princess! I was a princess everything was pink and bold.

One of the hardest jobs stood right in front of me... My wardrobe, this fight was not going down easy as much as I tore through it I couldn't win, after 30 minutes of searching I ended up wearing a baby pink dress that reached mid thigh,it was tight around my chest and then flared at the bottom and to accessorise I wore a skin coloured pair of wedges, stud earrings and my friendships bracelet, which I never took off- actually I don't think I could take it off- I then decided just to leave my hair straight, finally I was done and late!

"ADELINE RUBY COLLINS" I heard my mum shout, I knew I was in trouble when mum used my full name, "YOU HAVE MADE THIS FAMILY LATE NOW HURRY UP!" I don't think I've ever ran so fast in wedges before, plus we were like 5 minutes late and it took us all of three seconds to get there.

"Sorry, I'm here. Let's go" I was trying to sound very apologetic hoping it would earn me some brownie points.

"That's ok now come on" I am so lucky that we were late because that means I didn't have to get another talk about being late.

Me,mum and dad all walked next door and as soon as mum was about to knock on the door it had flung open and mrs Costa threw her arms around mum, followed by squeals and laughs. It's like they have seen each other in 15 years, oh wait they hadn't!

"ADELINE! Look at you your all grown up now!" Mrs Costa squealed in my ears.

"Well no shit Sherlock, it has been 15 years since you decided to ditch me and leave me alone until now" Luckily I said that in my head so she didn't hear it so I responded with, "hello mrs costa, it's so nice to have you back!" Was that better?

"Oh Adeline, call me Anna," she heard a throat clear behind her, "oh sorry come inside and I can introduce you to everyone" she gestured towards the lounge room.

"Oh Anna, this house hasn't changed one bit!" My mum used to be an interior designer so every time she entered a house she would patrol and inspect everything. It was actually quite annoying because whenever she dropped me at someone's house she would always come in and look around.

"Adeline, hello." I looked up to see Anna waving her hand I front of my face, "I see you still space out" I can't help but feel my face turn into a tomato.

"Sorry Anna what were you saying" please I hope those brownie points come in handy.

"No need to apologise, I was saying I bet you want to see Jesse." Ok Addie keep calm try hide you excitement seem normal...

"Oh yea,sure, is he home?" Mental high five, now keep it cool, do not go al physco creepy bear hugger.

"He's up stairs in his room" she could tell I was having mental conversations. I got up quietly and as normal as possible and walked upstairs. Once I reached his bedroom door I took a deep breathe and opened the door.

Addie you idiot you should of knocked, as I look up I see a sexy Greek good. Let me rephrase that a Greek god with an 8 pack!

"Done yet?" Annoyed voice said, oops he caught me checking him out.

"Oh sorry dean, I thought this was Jesse room" Jesse had an older brother dean who was 6 years older than us, I'm not going to lie I thought he would at least married and out of home by now. Like he is getting old, he is 26.

"Hello Addie, you seriously do space out a lot don't you" the voice said. Only Jesse called me Addie, don't tell me this Greek god was Jesse.

"Addie, Greek good can hear you" wait can he hear me, "yes I can, so did you need something?" Jesse was angry and annoyed, he looked at me like I was still 5 years old.

"Sorry I didn't recognise you, we'll I guess it's you isn't it" I tried to keep my cool, breathe, hold your physco in.To late I ran up and gave him the biggest bear hug ever, "Ahhh I can't believe your back isn't this so exciting, OMG there is so much to tell you!" He pulled me off him and just looked at me like I was a spastic with 10 arms and 3 heads.

"What the hell are you doing, get off" he replied cold and sharp and turned and walked away, "if you are down you can leave!" Whatever mr grumpy butt, "mr grumpy butt wants to be left alone, oh and you should stop talking in your head because I can hear you!" Oops this always happens, I talk in my head but it's out loud.

OMG no Addie keep it cool, I can feel it when I'm angry my fingers twitch and that's when you know to stay away because I'm about to blow.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, YOU HAVE BEEN GONE FOR 15 YEARS AND WHEN YOU FINALLY DECIED TO COME BACK YOU SPEAK TO ME LIKE THIS. YOU TOLD ME THAT NIGHT AT THE CUBBY HOUSE YOU WOULD COME BACK AND WE WOULD BE FRIENDS AND NOW YOUR BACK YOU DO THIS" all this time I was yelling I didn't realise that Jesse pushed me against the wall and had both hands on either side of my head, his face literally inches away from mine.

"Look babe, I don't think you should do that again, because you don't want to be on my bad side, do I make my self clear" he sounded as if poison was leaking from his throat. I pushed away from him and walked towards the door.

"Whatever mr bipolar, and I'm not your babe" I threw over my shoulder as I walked to the door, suddenly I felt a huge hand on my wrist causing me to turn around in a heart beat, I couldn't help but wince in pain and scrunch my face up like a bulldog. He put his lips right beside my ear and whispered.

"next time I won't be so gentle" he threw my hand away, and that's when I knew to give up.