Chapter 23

Zoe's POV

"This movie night is the lamest movie night we've ever had," Cameron groans, shoving his head into a pillow.

"If you bothered paying attention..." I trail off as Ryan Gosling appears on screen.

"At least you haven't cried," Cameron says.

"Yet," I reply, smirking and knowing I probably will.

Cameron groans again and grabs the neglected bowl of popcorn. I swat him on the arm when he starts chewing extra loudly just to be annoying.

"Zoe?"

"Sshhh!"

"Is it over yet?"

"It's been 5 minutes since you last asked!"

Suddenly my room is plunged into complete darkness.

"Cameron! Put the lamp back on!" I groan, trying to find the remote within the folds of the blanket to press pause.

"I'm going to sleep," he replies cockily.

As much as I've missed Cameron, he can be so annoying. But without him, I don't know how I would have handled ignoring Martin. He's a good distraction and up until now, I haven't thought of Martin not once. I punch Cameron in the shoulder before turning my attention to the God that is Ryan Gosling.

"When do you leave for Harvard?" Cameron asks, turning to me as he pulls up the covers over his chest.

It seems like only yesterday that Cameron slept over when we were 15. My mother never minded him being in my room and she swears he's her second son. At first my father was a bit skeptical but eventually, Cameron worked his charm and became apart of the family.

I smile at him and his messy hair. He's gotten so handsome it's unreal. I guess puberty did wonders for him. I wonder if he has a girlfriend, he hasn't told me he does and hasn't mentioned any girls.

"Two days," I reply and the familiar feeling of anxiety settles in again. I really hope everything goes well.

"Not gonna ask if you've packed because you probably did that six months ago," he rolls his eyes and I laugh.

"Three," I correct him.

"Oh my God," he groans and we burst out laughing.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure," he nods.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" I ask, leaning back into the pillows, staring up at the ceiling.

"Yes," he replies, from his voice alone I can tell he's smiling, I laugh and he nudges me, "Stop laughing! I've got game."

"Since when?" I giggle again.

"Shut up," he turns to me and laughs.

"So what's her name?"

"Olivia," Cameron replies and the wide smile on his face speaks volumes. Clearly, he's head over heels for her if her name alone gets him so giddy.

"When do I get to meet her?" I ask, turning to face him as he turns back to stare up at the ceiling.

"On our wedding day," he replies, his tone serious.

Wait what? I almost gasp from surprise. He can't mean what I think he means.

"Wha- What?" I mutter.

"Geez Zoe, I'm kidding!" He smirks and I punch him on the arm again.

"You're gonna marry her one day?" I ask, giggling. It's just too cute this whole Cameron having a girlfriend thing.