Chapter 19

Zoe's POV

I could feel it. Against my thigh.

That.

Him.

I fight the blush creeping into my cheeks as the waitress hands us our menus. If I wasn't so clumsy, I wouldn't have slipped but then again, I shouldn't have agreed to the whole idea of sitting on Martin's lap. And he clearly didn't think it through if he knew he'd be..

Turned on?

A burn threatens to take over my cheeks again. In some weird way, I guess I'm flattered that I had that effect on him. It felt nice, I think, just a little.

"Zoe, what do you want to drink?"

"Coke," I reply automatically, snapping out of my reverie and Cameron repeats my choice to the waitress who's too busy staring at Martin to hear.

"Excuse me? She'll have a coke," Cameron says again politely but louder this time, trying to get her attention.

Her name tag says 'Kelsy' and her apron or dress or whatever she's wearing is way too short to be considered professional.

"She'll have a coke," Cameron repeats for the second time.

Martin is now smiling up at her as she licks her lips.

"I got it, geez," she snaps suddenly, looking at Cameron for a second before turning back to Martin. "What would you like.. to eat?" She winks, trying to be seductive.

"You," he replies. Cameron looks away quickly and awkwardly while I remain confused and slightly annoyed.

What does he mean he wants to 'eat' her? What kind of person says that? I look up at her and she's smiling widely, an eyebrow raised as if she understands.

"I'm sorry that's not on the menu, but I know a place you can call," she steps closer to Martin's side of the table, placing a hand on his shoulder. She bites her bottom lip again before scribbling something, her number probably, on her notepad and handing it to him.

Kelsy tears her eyes away from Martin and her expression changes to one of boredom when she raises an eyebrow at me.

"Something to eat?"

"I'm not hungry anymore," I reply disgustedly.

Cameron he looks over to me, clearly confused.

"You're not?"

"Not really.." I reply, I can feel Martin's eyes on me and as usual, I feel overly self conscious.

"Uhm okay, you can share with me if you get hungry," Cameron says and I want to hug him for not being awkward.

After taking Cameron's order for pasta bolognaise and not asking for Martin's ID when he ordered a beer, Kelsy sighs dramatically and saunters off. In the opposite direction to the kitchen. In the direction where her sticky out ass would obviously be in full view of Martin.

Martin turns to me suddenly, catching me glaring at him. He doesn't smirk like he usually does, he simply looks amused.

I'm officially confused.

I force myself to look away before his eyes alone steal away all my attention. This is supposed to be time for Cameron and I.

"What's new? How's your mum?" I ask Cameron, smiling even though I'm still annoyed.

"She's okay, she didn't come with. She finally opened her own bakery," he laughs.

Cameron's mum was the best baker in town. At every birthday party, if you asked who made the cake, the answer would always be, "Mrs Dallas". I smile remembering the sweet lady who's like a second mother to me and once again, I realize how much I miss being around him and his crazy family.