fourteen

cameron

irrational thoughts flooded his head as the elavator took them to their floor. beatrice was on the opposite side of the elavator.

avoiding him.

he felt like crying.

he wasn't one to be very emotional, but when it came down to beatrice, he felt a responsibility of keeping her safe. not to cause her to avoid him.

but that woman. he didn't know what to think of her. she was beatrice's mother, but they knew nothing about her. how was he supposed to know if she had bad intentions.

if she tried to take beatrice from me...

cameron shut out his thoughts.

the elevator doors opened and beatrice basically ran out.

was she scared of me?

pain consumed him at the very thought.

by the time he into the apartment, beatrice had already locked herself in her room.

i have to talk to her.

beatrice

she locked her door and fell onto her bed. she didn't mean to hurt cam. she never meant to. but she did and he was angry. she had never seen him yell at someone.

and it was my fault

she needed to apologize. she wiped the tears from her face and got up from her bed, she walked to her door, as she turned the knob, a knock came.

she opened the door and cam stood there.

"i'm so sorry" they both blurted out.

cam chuckled and beatrice's face turned red.

"i'm sorry cameron. i should've waited for you like i promised." she said sitting on the chair beside her bed.

he took it as a cue to come in," no beatrice i'm sorry. it wasn't fair to you for me to make you promise that. you had now way of knowing she would be there. and if i were you i would've done it too. i understand why you did it. and i'm sorry i got so angry. i just-" he ran a hand through his hair, "i'm scared. we don't know her. and i don't know her intentions. and i just got defensive. i didn't want anything to happen to you."

beatrice's heart melted. cameron was the brother she never had.

until now.

"it's fine cameron. forgive me?" she said looking up at him.

he opened his arms and she wrapped her arms around him.

"i could never be mad at you, monkey" he said and ruffled her hair.

she pushed him away and laughed.

"by the way, where are the others?" beatrice asked as she turned on her tv and clicked on netflix.

"nash is bringing lunch and hayes is probably holed up in his room." cameron said.

she nodded, "what's nash bringing?" she asked.

"he said he's bringing you something from cafe earth and he's bringing me and hayes a sandwich from subway," he answered," i have to get the package from hayes and sign some papers, okay?"