thirteen

beatrice

"elena!"

beatrice screamed. her mother was in the same elavator as her. what was she supposed to say? or do? she had no idea.

the woman looked at her in confusion, "i'm sorry. is there a problem?"

she looked exactly like last time, beautiful. her eyes had bags under them. her job as a doctor must be stressful at times. her dark hair was pulled up in a messy ponytail. she wore gray sweats and a baggy shirt. if it were anybody else, they would probably look like a wreck, but elena looked like she was in a photoshoot.

beatrice shook the thoughts from her head.

"are you kidding me? you don't know who i am?" beatrice asked defensively.

"i'm afraid i'm don't know. i'm sorry sweetie." the woman's face showed concern and confusion.

the elevator kept going down. one by one. i dinged every time it passed another floor.

"i'm beatrice." she looked at her mother with determination. she wanted to see how she would react.

elena's eyes widened and her shoulders started to shake, "oh my god. beatrice  i-uh. i'm not- what you-uh. what are you doing here." elena rambled on.

"i live here. why are you here?" beatrice asked her.

they made it to the first floor and the doors open.

beatrice turned to elena

elena stared at her, in awe.

"i'm here for your brother. we went out on a run and-" elena tried to explain, but beatrice interrupted her.

"i have a brother?" beatrice whispered. her hands began to shake and her shoulders trembled. this was way too much for her to handle.

elenas tries to calm her down,"oh beatrice, i'm sorry i shouldn't have said-" she puts her hand in beatrice's shoulder.

"don't touch me!" beatrice stumbled out of the elevator and fell onto the floor. tears ran down her eyes. she didn't care that there were people staring at her.

this is too much

i have more family.

she felt elenas hands cradle her. she shook and moved around, violently.

"get off on me elena! don't touch me! stop it-" she yelled but another voice stopped her.

"it's me bea. i'm hayes. calm down. calm down. don't cry. please don't cry."
hayes said soothing her.

beatrice's body went limp and she stopped moving. she leaned into hayes touch. he kissed her forehead and helped her stand up.

once she was back on her feet. she needed answers. she calmed down and turned to elena.

"i'm gonna ask again. why are you here? and please explain it to me because i don't understand anything right now." she turned to hayes, "can you go get cams delivery and take it upstairs. if anything happens, i'll text you.".

he looked at her questioningly, dismissed his thoughts, kissed her cheek, and left.

"okay beatrice i know this might seem strange that i show up at the same building you live in, but it's not like that. you have a brother beatrice. i'll tell you anything you want to know about him. or you could ask him yourself."