ten

a week later

beatrice

she put her cup of tea down and began to read her book again. nash brought it home yesterday and surprised her with it. she hadn't been able to put it down.

this morning, when bea when to his hayes' room, he told her that he couldnt sleep through the night. he had been sick for the past week, some bad cough and terrible headaches. beatrice made some french toast, some tea, and took the food to his room. his eyes opened slowly as she opened the door again, he smiled and told her he didnt need a nanny. she knew he was only trying to make light of the situation so she climbed in his bed and told him to eat. while they ate beatrice took out her phone and played her favorite songs by ella fitzgerald. after he was done eating, she turned the music low down. she began to read out of milk and honey by rupi kaur.

he layed his head in her lap and listened to her silky words

"how is it so easy for you to be kind to people, he asked

milk and honey dripped from my lips as i answered,

cause people have not been kind to me"

she read, and read, and read. and no matter how tired hayes was he could only admire her. she didnt know how exquisite she really was. so beautiful. too beautiful and innocent for hayes. he just always wanted to be close to her, and feel her soft skin, or touch her silk hair, or her rose petal lips. he couldnt get enough of her.

he eventually fell asleep to the sound of beatrice's words and fitzgerald's music.

beatrice hadnt noticed he was asleep until a few minutes later. she put her book down and pulled the covers over his shoulders.

she had to go to an appointment with cameron and the private investigator at 3pm it was currently 12pm. so she . she went back to her room and picked out a short maroon velvet dress, some white thigh highs and some black shoes and put the clothes on her bed for later

she was beyond nervous. cameron was still acting strange and she just wanted to know what was on his mind. she had no idea what it could be. she didnt know if it was her fault. she kept going over the last few days trying to think of what could be wrong but she couldnt think of any reason. she decided to put it off for after the meeting.

"beatrice" camerons called out to her and she couldnt help but notice his voice sounded tired and sad.

she left her room and went to his. 

when she opened the door, she saw cameron sitting on his bed...

crying.

cameron was crying.

it was so strange for her to see him like this. she had never seen cameron cry. he was always such a positive and bright person, it was strange to see him like this.

she hated it.

she rushed over to him. his head was in his hands. beatrice took his hands and she realized there was blood all over his knuckles.

"cameron" she gasped, horrified by the sight,"what did you do?"

cameron lifted his red, blotchy face and weakly nodded over to the mirror beside his bed.

it was broken.

suddenly it made sense.

"cameron why did you punch the mirror?" she sat beside his and hugged him.

"shit. beatrice i dont know. i have been so emotional about everything these past days. things are going all wrong tris." cameron looked at her. his eyes showed her how hurt he was.  she wanted to know why he was hurting but she knew that she had to do something about his hands.

"cameron. i need to bandage your hands. come on". beatrice tugged lightly on his hands and he got up and followed her to his bathroom. he sat on the edge of the tub and beatrice looked for a first aid kit. when she found it she went and sat on the floor infront of cameron. and took out what she needed and began to bandage his hands.

"cameron please tell me whats going on. " she looked up for a second and saw his face fall again. she sighed thinking that he wouldnt say anything.

but she was wrong.

"beatrice. i dont want them to take you from me."

beatrice was so surprised by his answer. she didnt understand.

"cameron, who are you talking about." she asked

"your birth mom. i know that you want to meet her, and get to know her, and then she going to get to know you and then she's going to fall in love with you, just like i did because your so absolutley amazing. and then she's going to realise how much of a big mistake she made when she took you to the orphange. and then she's going to want you back. and she's gonna...to take you from me. and i wont be able to compete. i m-mean she's your mom. i have protected you and lov-loved you and your like a sister to me now.  and your my best friend. and i cant let you go beatrice. your- your my angel. your my babygirl. and i- i dont know what the hell ill do if she takes you away from me."

camerons words were tripping and he could barely catch his breath. his shoulders were shaking and he looked devastated.

beatrice looked at him, took his hands in hers, and kissed them lightly.

"cameron im not going anywhere."

camerons face relaxed and his shoulders slumped back.

she continued, "cameron. i love you. you have given me my first home. you gave me hope and i love you for it. you are not just my legal gardian. you are my brother and my best friend. you know me better than anyone. you even know me better than hayes. and i dont care how close i become to this woman that i will meet, but she will never be able to compete with you. i know how much you love me. and you have to know that i love you cameron, so much."

tears fell from his eyes. and it wasnt until his hands skimmed across her face, that she realised that she was crying too. she hugged him. and suddenly she didnt want to go to the meeting. suddenly she didnt want to make cameron go through all this pain. suddenly she didnt care who her birth mother was. she didnt care about anyone other than the three boys she lived with.

but she knew she had to go. she knew that if she didnt go, she would always ask herself "what if i had gone?".

she pulled herself together and pulled away from the hug.

"listen cameron im serious. this meeting changes nothing. the only thing it does the change, is the fact that ill know my biological moms name and ill know what she wants. we are gonna go and after that we can decide what to do from there. together"

he looked at her and nodded, "could we just lay down for a few."

bea nodded and they got into the bed and put on a movie. cameron picked the avengers.

after a little while, hayes came in and layed down next to her. then nash came in asking for a charger but he ended up staying too. he layed down at the feet and the boys fell  asleep watching the movie. beatrice wanted to stay up to make sure that they didnt miss the meeting. but her eyes were failing to stay open.

the last thought on her mind was that she was utterly greatful for these three boys.

-----–------------–-------------–------------–----------–------------–-----
quick shout out to my fav notsogodly and my fav book rn "caroline". its great and my current fav. lol im obsessed even though theres like 5 chptrs. 💗💗💗 i still love it.

sry this is long overdue.

next chapter she will have the meeting w the pi

xoxo cammy. 🍒🍒