eight

*5 months later

hayes

he woke up to the sound of his alarm and hit the snooze button. he alarm went off again. and again. and again. he kept ignoring it. he wanted to ignore it. he didnt want to have to get up and face reality. it would be too difficult. nash said it would all get better but he doubted it. he was startled when his door slammed open.

"turn your alarm off asshole" beatrice said quietly with a scowl. with that she closed to door and left

he couldnt believe he had messed up with her so bad. beatrice never cursed. she was probably still pissed at him. she most likely got it from him. he was toxic for her. he knew it. everything was perfect for the first few months then everything went downhill in a matter of seconds. he hated himself.

where did it all go wrong?

the accident.

chad, hayes and nash's father was on a flight. coming to visit them in LA. the flight was at 4:30am from his home state. he was would be arriving at 8am. the pilot had been drinking before the flight. nobody stopped him. chad and hayes had been facetiming for over two hours. beatrice met him. nash and cameron said hi, they told him they couldnt wait to see him. when they were flying over nevada, 45 minutes before arriving, the pilot lost control of the plane. chads phone fell but it fell at and angle were hayes could see everything. he watched his father scream for help. he saw a piece of metal hit his dads face, making him unconious. hayes yelled and cried and held beatrice so tight. he didnt hang up on the factime. his fathers phone was devoured by fire and the call ended itself. the plane crashed on an elementary school. nobody on the plane survived. from the school, 34 students died.

and he couldn't help but think that his fathers death was his fault.

his father wanted to get the 7am flight, but hayes insisted he take the 4:30am flight so he could see him sooner. hayes felt like a selfish piece of shit. he had such a special bond with his dad. he couldnt believe he was gone. he still couldnt believe it. he shut himself off after the funeral. bea never stopped trying to comfort him. when hayes didnt go downstairs for dinner with the boys, bea would set some food apart for him and take it up to hayes. he would brush her off and she began to feel neglected and forgotten.

she felt like she did when she was at the orphanage. unwanted. undesired. she knew hayes was going through alot so she stood by him. even when he didnt want her to. but the things he would say began to take a toll on her feelings. she never stopped helping until he say those five words that killed her. this day in particular, his mood was terrible. he hadnt eaten for two days and she kept bringing him food. he was watching tv when she came into his room with the plate of food, he had an outburst. he took the plate and threw it at the wall next to her, missing her by a foot. then he yelled "i dont need you. leave."

from this day forward, she didnt bring him food, she avoided him at all costs. the hadnt spoken to him for a month. even after he tried to apologize. she didnt care. she didnt want to be treated like this

"turn you alarm off asshole" were her first words in a month.
and he felt like an asshole.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
after taking a shower, he finally left his room. he went to the kitchen and made himself some scrambled eggs. he didnt know where the boys or bea were, so he ate in silence. as he ate he thought about the great memories he had of beatrice. he wanted to be with her. not even romantically. he just wanted to be her friend. but he thought that all he would do to her, was drag her down. and he wanted her to become the star she was.