Chapter Ten

Valerie's Point of View:

"Well, well, well... What do we have here?" My eyes opened quickly only to see an amused Lyndsey sitting on the ottoman in front of me. "Rough night?" Her voice sounded heavenly, making a shiver run down my back. I groaned as I sat up and looked over to see a still passed out Randy next to me.

"This isn't what it looks like..." I said, running my fingers through my messy hair. Lyndsey didn't say a word as she stared at me with amusement.

"No, I'm sure you're right. But, do you always sleep next to your best friend with only shorts and a sports bra on?" She smirked as she eyed my attire. I looked down, blushing and looking around for my tank top. She laughed and threw it towards me in a heap as she stood up. My eyes couldn't help but notice that she was still in what I assumed she wore last night. She opened the blinds, making me groan in pain as the morning sun blinded me.

"What time is it?" I yawned as I stretched and stood up to follow her into the kitchen. I watched as she put her hair into a high ponytail and started a pot of coffee.

"It's about seven in the morning." She answered, handing me a cup as I took a seat at the island. I laid my head in my hands and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. "I didn't know he'd be here." I looked up at her, thinking she'd be mad but surprisingly, she wasn't.

"Sorry... He came over really late. I didn't know if you were coming back. All we did was talk." I offered even though she didn't ask anything. She rose a brow, taking a sip of coffee. "Where'd you go?" I wasn't sure what compelled me to even ask her that. She took another long sip, seeming to want to avoid the topic.

"I was with Emalie." She answered quietly; another long sip. I smiled as I let out an 'oh'. I felt some sort of sensation run through me, not entirely sure what it was, though. Something I've never experienced before. "We didn't do anything." She added after a moment of silence. I looked up from my mug, confused by the emotions that were in her eyes.

"Why are you telling me this?" I blurted out, not really liking how my voice sounded. Lyndsey shrugged her shoulders as she dumped the rest of her coffee out.

"Why were you mad at me yesterday?" The question caught me off guard. I put my mug down, leaning against the back of the stool. Her dark brown eyes bore into me, making me look away.

"What do you mean?" I answered with a question of my own. Lyndsey leaned on the counter, her arms crossed over her chest.

"You basically ignored me the entire day." She stated. Her voice had what I assumed was a hint of sadness to it.

"I talked to you at work." I said, looking down at my mug once more. I felt extremely uncomfortable with her eyes digging into me.

"Really now?" Her thick accent rand through my ears. "Because I'm pretty sure you ignored me the entire day." She frowned, walking around the counter towards me. My heartrate picked up as she got closer to me. I looked up to her, unable to read her. "You also weren't here when I came to change. Are you mad at me or something?" Her brows were furrowed.

"N-no..." I cursed at myself for stuttering. "And I went to the beach."

"Oh... Well, I me-" A loud yawn interrupted our conversation. We both looked over to see a very disoriented Randy.

"Morning." He said with a goofy grin. He shuffled over to us, grabbed my coffee and downed the rest of it. We looked at each other and then watched as he shuffled off to what I assumed was the bathroom.