Chapter 39 - The Final Chapter

• 6 years later•

Lydia looked down at her phone and saw a new text from Allison, "out front" she read. She picked up her purse off the bar counter and tipped the bartender. With that she walked across the restaurant and out the doors. Allison rolled down the window, "Lyds, you look stunning! Give me a twirl!" She shouted. "Allison, we are 24, aren't we a little old for this?" Lydia asked raising an eyebrow. Allison just stared at her until Lydia sighed and gave in. She was wearing an elegant lavender gown with black 4 inch heels. As she turned her diamond earrings sparkled.

Once Lydia was in the car Allison turned the engine on and started driving. "You okay?" Allison asked glancing over at Lydia. "I just can't believe Stiles stood me up. After 4 years of dating you think he would've learned. He didn't even text me or anything," Lydia sighed. "I know, it sucks" Allison gave her a sympathetic smile. They drove in silence for awhile just watching the road. "You missed my turn," Lydia said. "Sorry, I didn't see it in the dark, but let's drive for awhile longer anyways," Allison said nonchalantly. "Why?" Lydia asked questioningly. "Because something else is bothering you, and it's not just the fact the Stiles stood you up." Allison replied. Lydia stayed quiet after that and the car returned to the same silence. "I thought he was going to propose" Lydia whispered.

"That's why I'm dressed so fancy. We've been dating for 4 consecutive years now and even dated before that. And he made us reservations at my favorite high end restaurant and told me to dress nice. I just I really thought this was the night," Lydia sighed. Allison stopped the car and turned to give Lydia a smile. Lydia looked through the front window confused. "What are we doing at our old high school?" She asked confused.

Suddenly Lydia's door opened and standing in front of her was Stiles. He was smirking and dressed in a tuxedo. "C,mon," Stiles smiled as he grabbed her hand and helped her out of the car. Lydia looked back at Allison who smiled at her and then winked. "Wow, you look absolutely....beautiful," Stiles said in awe. Lydia blushed and smiled at him. "Stiles, what are we doing here?" She asked. "Just follow me," Stiles whispered as he took her hand in his and led her through their old high school hallways.

Stiles stopped Lydia infront of the gym door. "Do you want to know something that I've never told you?" Stiles smiled. "Of course" Lydia replied. "Around 7 years ago, at our senior year homecoming in this very gym, was the first time I knew I was in love with you. You remember that night, don't you?" He said simply. "How could I forget that night. You turned what I thought would turn out to be one of the worst nights of my life, into one of the best. That was also the night of our first kiss," Lydia smiled.

Stiles then opened the doors into the gym as Lydia stood in shock. "Stiles" she breathed. "It's breathtaking," she reached for his hand. The gym was lit with fairy lights, roses, tapestries, drapes and anything she could imagine. Stiles led her into the center of the gym as the song "I can't help falling in love with you," turned on. Stiles took Lydia's hands in his and cleared his throat.

"About 7 years ago, we stood in this very gym and shared our first kiss. Not long after that, we said that we loved one another. About 6 years ago I made the worst mistake of my life. I then vowed that I would never stop fighting for you. We were friends after that though I never stopped loving you. Finally 4 years ago, you were able to forgive me. Everyday since then I have fallen more in love with you than I ever thought possible. Every new fact I learn about you is fascinating. I have known since I was 17 years old that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. You have changed my life drastically and made me a better person. I can't imagine spending my life without you in it," Stiles got down on his knee, "Lydia Camille Grace Martin, will you marry me?" Stiles asked as he opened the ring box.

Lydia's hand covered her mouth as tears streamed rapidly down her face. "Yes, of course! One thousand times yes!" She screeched. Stiles stood up and slid the ring into Lydia's shaky fingers. He gazed into her eyes as he wiped a tear from her cheek and leaned in slowly. "I love you so much" she whispered before wrapping her arms around him and placing the most genuine kiss on his lips. Stiles pulled away and leaned his forehead on hers, "you are the love of my life, Lydia Martin, and don't you ever forget it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe it's the last chapter. I've been writing this story for over a year now. Though I have been very inactive I just knew I needed to finish the story. I am so unbelievably lucky to have such wonderful and dedicated readers who stuck with me the whole time. Thank you so much to anyone who read my story. If you ever want to talk to me I am always active on my Instagram, @/voidxstydia. I love you all so much❤️ ~ Ashley
P.S. Check out my new fan fic " A Walk in the Woods" for some more Stydia fun;)