Chapter 38

Stiles turned the doorknob slowly as he walked into Lydia's hospital room. She immediately looked in his direction. Her nose was red and her eyes were wet, Stiles could tell she had been crying. An instant wave of guiltiness washed over him. He walked slowly towards her bed and sat down in the chair next to it. The room was dead silent, you could hear a pin drop. "I can't..." Lydia cleared her throat. "I can't forgive you," she said slowly. Stiles nodded his head and looked down at his fidgeting fingers.

"Allison told me what really happened, that you were drugged and everything" Lydia went on. "And?" Stiles asked hopefully. "I just, I can't stop thinking about it, you with another girl and I know that I'm mad at you. I know how so terribly mad I am at you but I'm so scared Stiles. My whole body is aching and I'm just terrified and I need you to be with me right now. So yes, I'm upset and I don't know if I'll ever forgive you but right now, you're the only one I want with me" Lydia Finished.

The room became silent again as Stiles took in everything Lydia had said. He sighed and looked at Lydia right in the eyes and said, "I know, I know you can't forgive me. Even though I was drugged what I did was an awful and horrible thing. But, what you have to understand Lydia is how sorry I am. I should've been the one in the car crash not you, this whole thing is my fault. Lydia Martin you are the love of my life and I know that for a fact. So even though you can't forgive me now, I will never... ever stop fighting for you."

Lydia's eyes became watery as she looked at Stiles. She intertwined her fingers with his and gave him the most pure and beautiful smile ever. "I want to forgive you, I want to forgive you so bad, but I just can't right now. Maybe one day in the future we can make things work. But Stiles, right now I just need you to be here with me" Lydia said sincerely.

Stiles voice cracked, "Lydia Martin, I will always be here for you and I will always love you" he smiled. Lydia squeezed his hand tightly, "thank you" she whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry for how inactive I have been, only uploading a chapter every couple of months. I originally had a lot more chapters I wanted to write after this one but I've decided that I will only publish one more chapter. Chapter 39 will be the last chapter in this story. I will be posting chapter 39 tomorrow because making you all wait for months at a time is not fair. I hope you will enjoy the last chapter❤️