Training

**Damens pov**

I turned the key to start the car and I looked over at Saige, her smile slowly began to fade when she looked from Elijah to Tyler.

I couldn't say I wish this didn't happen, I had been hoping so forever.
I just wish she hadn't have got hurt in the process.

"Hey, you okay?"
My stomach did a few flips when I saw her warm smile.
"Yeah...ill be fine."

A sigh escaped my lips, she was lying and she knew it, and she knows I know it. God that's a brain full.
I turned the nobbs on the radio till I landed on a song I thought she would know.

Her face lit up and she grinned at me,
"Really?"

I laughed and placed both hands on the wheel,
"Really."

She mouthed 'thank you' before turning the radio up.
Guessing she did know this song, lucky me.
She started to hum to the beat softly, looking out the window.

If you're not the one for me
Then I'll come back and bring you to your knees
If you're not the one for me
Why do you hate the idea of being free?

And if I'm not the one for you
you've got to stop holding me the way you do
Oh when you found that the one for you
Why have we been through what we've been through

I sighed and listened to her sweet voice,
I didn't realize how much I missed this...missed just being around her.

I parked the car in the driveway and smiled at her,
"I had Stephen clear out the guest room, but you know you can always snuggle up to me at night if you need"

She rolled her eyes, and patted my shoulder.
"Thanks for the thought Damen, but i think I'll have to pass."
She stepped out of the car and waited for me,

"Damen?"
I looked over at her and smiled,
"Yeah?"
She fiddled with her hands and sighed.
"Will it hurt?"

I placed my hand on her shoulder and gave her a soft smile.
I knew what she meant instantly, she wanted to know if the ageing would hurt..
"Everyone goes through it differently, but usually if you don't fight it, it'll go by easier."

She nodded and her eyes met mine,
"One more question."
"Yes?"

"Why didn't you tell me I would have to feed even before my 18th birthday?"

My stomach hurt, I could see a hint of anger in her eyes. And I hated it.
"I wanted to wait until you felt comfortable around us. I didn't think the hunger would have kicked in so quick..."

Saige nodded again and looked up at the house.
"Just dont hide anything else from me okay? If you know anything else you need to tell me"

I smiled at her and let my arm fall around her shoulders.
"I will, but not right now. Something tells me you need a nap"

A small laugh escaped her lips,
"Actually I think I need a drink"

Time skip

**Saiges pov**

Music blared through my speakers as I danced around carelessly. In one hand was a bottle of whiskey, the other held the control to the speakers.

I didn't know how to process anything that happened just a few hours ago, I lost Tyler....
He was the one thing in this crazy life that made me feel...normal.
And right now I needed as much normal as i could get.
Bottles cover the once clean ground, along with some of my clothes from earlier.

What? I got hot, so no pants seemed the way to go.

My scarred back laid on the soft bed and a sigh escaped my lips. I was happy to be back, but it'll never be the same. Too much happened here, but the thing was I missed it.

A faint noise over the music caught my attention and I sat up walking over to the door.

"Saige?"
I opened the door and smiled at Damen, resting my almost bare hip on the door frame.
His grey eyes looked me down and grinned

"Yea?"
He laughed as he saw the empty bottles on the floor.
"So how long do you plan to do the whole "drink and party my pain away" shit?"

I rolled my eyes and walked back into the room, leaving the door open for Damen.
I placed my bottle on the bedside table and turned the music down.
"Until every drop if liquor is drained from your house."

He grinned and sat on the bed next to me,
"Well at the pace you're going at, it shouldn't take that much longer."

I scoffed, he had a point though, I didn't know how strong my alcohol tolerance was until tonight.
I could probably go the rest of the night before calling it a quits.

"Okay get up"
He patted my knee and stood up, I smirked at him slightly.
"Sorry Damen, but I'm great excatly where I'm at"

His soft hands reached for mine and he pulled me up, I sighed and looked up at him.
"Fine what are we doing."
He smirked and placed a finger on my lower lip,
I didn't know how to respond so I just grinned at him.
"We are going to give you the training you still need."

I raised an eyebrow at him and turned around swiftly.
"Damen, I don't need anymore training. I'll be fine."

He scoffed and I looked back over at him as he crossed his arms and smirked.
"Fine, prove to me that you can surivive a fight with a vampire and ill let you off the hook.
I gave him a very snug look, I could take him.

........

I stood in an open field and listened, Damen was out there somewhere, and he is so going down.
I could hear rustling to my right and smirk to myself, this was too easy, I ran in the direction. Going as fast as I could, making my way to where I heard the sound when a weight hint me and knocked me to the ground.

A hand went up to my neck and I opened my eyes to see a smirking Damen.
"I'll tell you this much, you're extremely fast."
I smirked at him and grabbed his arm, flipping so I was on top of him.

"And in case you havent noticed I'm kinda winning."
"Are you?"

I raised an eyebrow and looked down to see Damens hand right over my heart.
"If I was any other vampire looking to kill you, you'd already be dead. So that means you lose, looks like for the next few weeks we'll be training together."

I sighed and flipped off of him onto the ground beside Damen.
"How did you do that?"
He laughed slightly and looked over at me,
"Do what? Beat you? that's easy, I'm just that amazing."

I shook my head and laugh alittle.
"Not that, I mean I heard you over to the left, yet you came at me from the right. How?"

His face cloaked with concern, and he sat up.
"You couldn't have heard me. I was dead silent."

My brows furrowed, this made no sense. Damen and I check that there the field was empty, no humans, no wildlife, no other vampires. It was completely empty, or so we thought.
"Then who did I heard?"

He stood and pulled me too my feet,
"that's a good question"