Chapter 33

Kalessi POV

I miss my family. Not a day goes by without me thinking of them. I wonder how they are doing because life is tough and it was my duty to protect them and I failed. Although, life where I am right now, is not that bad. I have decent treatment and all the other horses are really nice to me. Especially this one stallion named Lucas. He is a gorgeous Roan Stallion and when the sun hits his coat the right way, it shins amazingly. Although, most of the girls have a crush on him and need a drool check every once in a while. I know I have a mate, but it isn't wrong to stare, especially when he is right there to look at. Everything thinks he is flirting with me which I think it is just because I am new here. 

Blowing air of out my nostrils, I hear footsteps. I quickly rush to the stall door opening, hoping it is the stable girl, Sophia, that likes to carry mints in her pockets. 

Oh my.. what I would do for a mint now.. or a toothbrush.. or a shower.. human things...

I heard Sophia stopping at everyones' stall and skipping mine. Irritated I stomped my hoof - letting the noise echo. I saw her look over and laugh softly.

why are you laughing? Excuse me get over here and give me some mints. I see what you have in your hand.. I thought to myself.

Finally she made her way over to my stall. 

"hey there pretty lady, you thought I forgot about you."

well yeah.. I snorted softly and pushing my long face into her neck, breathing easily causing her to laugh. She nudge my face away and grabbed it in between her soft hands.

"I heard you did well in your training classes, I'm proud of you. I brought you a little something." She said while reaching into her pocket.

Yessss.

She pulled out two mints. "Here you go girl. I am trying to convince Dad to let me take you out on a trail ride, but you need to behave okay? If you act good then we can finally go out and I know you want to stretch your legs and explore," she said while rubbing soft circle into my dark coat. That was putting me to sleep.

I closed my eyes and she chuckled. She kept stroking me until her phone vibrated. Annoyed, I opened my eyes and glared at her.

"Sorry girl, I have to take this." She said while walking away and answer her phone. 

        " Hey Michael", Sophie said into the phone.

   Hey babe.. Want to catch a movie tonight?

   "Yeah sure, come to my house in 30?" She said while leaving the barn. She was to far to hear what he said, but I am sure he agreed.

Suddenly feeling sad, I turned and went into the darkest part of my stall. I needed my mate. I wanted him. I felt a fire start in my chest, at the loneness I felt. 

Gasping for breath I sunk onto my knees and eventually laid on my side. Thinking what it would be like to finally be with him -- in human form, hugging him, going on dates.. -- I needed to get back to him. 

And I would. I knew I would. I just had to wait. 

Amanda's POV

I felt hands shake me. I woke up and tried to speak - to tell who ever it was to leave me alone. Except I found I couldn't talk. Someone was covering my mouth with their hands. Frantic, I began clawing at their hands. Desperate to get them to let go. All I had going through my mind was how I ended up like this. I felt a growl work its way up- vibrating through my chest. A larger - more dominant growl was aimed directly back at me.

Damien. My brother. 

Why was he covering my mouth? Why were his eyes watering? What is going on? These were the questions that raced through my mind and I was unable to gain any answers.

He shook his head, almost understanding that I wanted to speak. With his other hand he placed it over his lips, in a manner that indicated I needed to be quiet. I nodded and he let my mouth go. He grabbed my arm and tip toed into my closet. He placed me in the very back corner and walked back to my bed- making it look like I was never asleep in the room at all. I was one hundred percent confused. After he did that, he walked over to where I was and gave me a big hug. He climbed into the closet with me. 

Damien pushed me harder into the corner of the closet, covering my whimpers with his hand once we heard noises. Tears streamed down both of our faces at a steady pace - unsure of what was going on. The voices sounded mean, angry and harmful - none of them belonged to any pack members. 

"Find the girl." Was barked out multiple times and the sounds of feet running down the halls pounded through us. 

My heart was beating so hard I thought it was going to leap out of my chest. I have never felt such greater fear ever.

"Please. Leave my pack alone. I will do whatever you want. Just leave them alone." I heard a voice that sounded similar to my mother drifted into my ears. I shook.

I heard a bone shattering growl.

"Do not touch her that way. You have no right to." I heard my dad snap. 

I knew something very bad was happening. 

The sound of someone coming into my room distracted me. I stiffened, knowing that they could probably see us. They walked around my bed, checking everywhere - everywhere but the closet. 

"All clear. Boss is not going to be happy. Both the boy and girl gone."  A males voice sounded through my room.

"What will he do with the parents?" A different, raspier voice questioned.

"I dont know. I don't care. Probably kill them. " The first voice responded, unaffected. 

They left my room and walked down the stairs.

"Boss the kids were not upstairs." A voice stated.

I heard a growl and a foreign sound.

"Please no. Please." A voice begged. 

It sounded like my mom.

I woke up screaming. 

I couldn't catch my breath. Having to relive that day over and over so vividly. The doctors told me I had PTSD after that day. 

The day my parents were killed. Murdered.

Luckily no one heard my scream.  I looked at the clock on the side of my bed. 

3:36 am. 

There was no way I would be getting back to sleep. 

I swung my legs out of bed, putting on my fuzzy socks and slippers. I left my room and headed down to the infirmary where my brother has been located. Once I saw him, I ran to his side, grabbing his hand in mine. The tears steadily fell from my face. 

"I am so sorry. i will get you out of this. I promise. I will cure you." I said, my voice breaking. 

I meant it. I would get him to wake up and then we would avenge my parents death. 

I wanted the pleasure of killing the sick bastards.

how did you like it? How was the insight? Please VOTE AND COMMENT :)