Chapter 7

my new owner made his way over to me with confident preditor steps.he walked gracefully and that confused me. all the other men here either walked with a limp or slouchy.. but no thim. he walked that he had the power to do anything.. he had to presence of an Alpha. just in case he was a shape shifter, i masked my scent; something mother taught me to do long ago. it was the best way for us to stay hidden. 

he finally reached us and grabbed my halter. he brought his head close to mine. his breath smelt like mint toothpaste. he had his beard neatly shaved and seemed to be about 20. i flared my nostrils and got a scent off him. he smelt like a shapeshifter and i panicked. i reared  and my forleg ended up hitting him the the face. but sadly, he still had ahold of my lead rope and using his extra strength managed to control me. he began to whip me with the whip and i buck and reared. the couldnt get me into the trailer so they were able to convince the vet on sight to give me a tranq. so i would be able to be transported "safely." the vet believed the bullshit. they just didnt want to fight back. well i was going to put up a fight. no matter what. i was never to be tamed.

_____________*****___________

  we reached home and i pretended to be asleep still. i controled my breathing to short rasps, as horses do when they sleep. i kicked my legs alittle acting if i was having a bad dream. the Alpha of what ever shifters called 3 bulky men to help drag me inside. the opened the door and light shinned in. it took all my will power to not open my eyes. i could feel the pressence of the men behing me and i figure this would be the best time. i jumped up making the men jump back in shock. i bucked, causing my hooves to clip some man. i hear a swear and a thump. i must of hit him harder than i thought.

  oh, well. he deserved it.

  I ran with all my might. my lead rope whipping behind me hiting my flank making me go faster. the only things that could be heard was the thump of my hoooves. even the forest was silent. the birds had stopped chirping, the squirrels had stopped eating, the rabbits ran to their homes. it was as if they felt the pressence of a predator. then i heard it. the thumping of paws. the men had shifted. to what ever animal i dont know. i became scared. i reared and bucked. i snorted and neighed. i gave out warnings to the predators that i was going to fight. they coupldnt take me withou a protest.

i heard a rustle in the bushes and heavy breathing. i looked around and neighed again. the thumping had quieted, ceased. then i heard it. it caused me to rear in fright and tried to bolt. i realized i was surrounded. i was doomed. 

_____________

how was that?