24: Answers n Ever After

I stood there, over Brody’s bloodied body, just as the sounds of screams, howls and breaking glass all resonated around me. I was a bit confused. I hadn’t thought there to be others here. Brody didn’t strike me as the type to have a following -but then again- it made a fair bit of sense.

He would need others there to help protect him and feed his ego. Yet as screams of women and the cries of children filled my ears, I had this overwhelming feeling to protect them, come over me. It was like with Ryker’s pack.

I couldn’t stand the thought of innocent people getting hurt and if there was a chance that the people down stairs were, I had to do something to help them.

Running towards the door, I threw it open and stopped mid stride. The scene before me was much worse than I thought. I could see a small army of large wolves, larger than most of our best fighters, roughly ordering women that clung to their children out the door.

Anger boiled in me as I watched a few of them groping the ladies as they fought to try and stay clear of the wolves. Their muzzles digging into the small space between their thighs as a paw would come up and pet their backsides. It was disgusting. These women were scared shitless, trying to protect their young ones, and these dirty animals were playing with them.

I had enough when I saw one young girl, maybe around 20, raise her hand only to bring it down hard against one of the wolf’s snout. In return the male growled just before his claws came out and swiped down her side. Blood spurting from the wound as she fell to her knees.

Running down the stairs –two at a time- I was shocked when the wolf shifted and climbed on top of her. I could feel her fear in that moment. We both knew what he planned to do, if his erection was anything to go by, as well as that sinister smirk he wore. I couldn’t let it happen. God knows how many times she had been forced.

“ENOUGH!”

I was stunned by the authority in my voice. Nearly every Were stopped in their tracks, snapping their head in my direction, just before bowing. Too enraged to think about why, I filed their actions in the back of my mind.

“GET OFF HER NOW!”

I could see the inner struggle he was having, I could hear his wolf whimper as his human disobeyed me. Many of the larger wolves had taken to their knee –just as their prisoners’ had- but there was something in their actions that filled my wolf with pride. Only to quickly have that washed away by the distaste she felt for the few that had refused. She wanted to rip them up for their insolence.

“I’d run little girl, once I’m done with her…I’m coming for you.”

The git sneered at me. Still hovering above the frightened, bleeding girl, he turned his attentions back to her. Before I knew I had done it, I was down the stairs –gripping a handful of his hair- and throwing the piece of shit across the room.

I loved the way his head sounded as it hit the brick wall hard. I would not tolerate the harm of anyone innocent, he was lucky that was all he got.

“You don’t want to do that. You’ll end up worse than your friend there.”

I pointed to the limp naked man not five feet from us. Confusion laced the features of those around on their knees. Hell, I was confused as to how I knew they were seconds from attacking me. I just did.

Of course, no one listens when you want them too. I truly didn’t want to hurt anyone else but I wouldn’t stand for anyone attacking me. Something they found out rather quickly as one wolf lunged at me. Bending back just enough to let him glide over me, I gripped fistfuls of his fur and spun around, effectively pinning him under me.