11: Mate and Guardian (Part 2)

I woke up to a small hand running threw my hair that was laying just over my shoulder. Tiny fingers twirling the tangled strand round. Taking in the coldness that was at my back, telling me that Ryker was no longer in bed with us.

I was disappointed that he wasn’t there but once I heard the shower running I knew he wasn’t far. Though another kind of disappointment ran through me at not being able to join him. Pushing those thoughts to the back of my mind, I focused on Tristian’s fingers playing with my hair.

 I tried to keep my breathing even so as not to disturb him. I was loving the feeling of his affection when he took a deep breath and a whispered to me.

“I’m sorry I called you mummy, I won’t do it again if it makes you mad.”

Tears pricked my eyes as I thought about my poor baby hurting because of my actions. My baby? I was shocked at the extreme warmth and happiness that ran through me at that thought. He could be mine if I stayed and accepted everything that Ryker had offered last night.

Was I ready for all of that? I knew with Tristian I would do anything he asked, try my hardest to be what he needed but would it be enough? Would I be enough for him?

Not wanting to think too much on it, and definitely not wanting to leave Tris in the state he was currently in, I pulled him close to me. Cuddling him to my chest as I ran my hands up and down his back.

“Shh, I wasn’t mad baby. I was scared.”

“Scared of what? Who scared you? Daddy and me will fix them”

The demanding tone in his voice made me want to awe. He asked as if someone had hurt or frightened me and all he wanted was to tell them off for it. He wanted to protect me and ‘fix’ anyone who threaten me. The same way I would ‘fix’ anyone who dared to even make him frown.

“No, not like that. I-I was scared that I would hurt you. I want to be that for you….but I don’t know how.”

Stopping as I looked down at his sympathetic face, for a moment leading me to believe he actually understood what I was saying. I had forgotten his little bundle of love and joy was only four.

“He does understand, Luna. Don’t you buddy?”

Snapping my head up to the door to find John leaning against the frame, arms crossed over his chest as he watched us. It should have freaked me out a bit but honestly it only filled me with a safe feeling.

“Yup.”

Tristian replied, popping the ‘p’ at the end as his grin threatened to take over his whole face. I laughed and ruffled his hair, memorizing the softness of it.

“Will you stay and be my mummy? You’ll be perfect I know it!”

His excitement and hopeful eyes bore into mine, and before I could answer the en suite door opened and there stood a fresh Ryker clad in a pair of dark tracky pants and a tight white v-neck tee. His bare feet patting over the plush carpet and I had to stop myself from thinking how they were sexy. 

God, what is this man doing to me? Sexy feet? I wanted to slap myself but that would be really awkward and warrant an explanation that I really didn’t want to give.

“Come Tris, let’s go make breakfast.”

Ryker said as he walked around the bed to help him up, lifting him and gently setting him on his feet before letting him go. Tris ran to the door, stopped and turned, bringing his hand up to his mouth he blew me a kiss. Giggling, I caught it and pressed it too my heart as I puckered my lips and sent him one in return.