16: The Talk

Ryker’s POV:

“It’s been four months, John. You need to tell her. She’s confused, her emotions have been all over the place. I don’t like her looking at him that way!”

I growled. He needed to get it over with. I honestly didn’t think she would have an issue with it, she loved him and our pack and would never judge without a good reason.

I lost my anger as I stood there watching her and Tristian trying to find Shane. During his lesson breaks they would play hide and seek. Shane always picked the highest places to hide since both my mate and son were so small.

They were lost in their own world, not noticing the small gathering they attracted. The pack loved to see their Luna like this. Happy and carefree. They gravitated towards her, just enjoying the warmth that radiated off her whenever she laughed or smiled.

She had come to love them as they loved her, putting their needs above her own. She made us stronger, more united. To them it didn’t matter that I had yet to mark and mate her. They knew better than to ask why, I didn’t want her to re-live that any longer. She was finally moving on.

“I will, I just…I don’t want her to think differently of me. It’s bad enough I can’t even fight properly, add this and she’ll reject me as her guardian. Not that she shouldn’t, I’m the worst person to have as her guardian.”

“You on about that again?”

My lovely mate walked up behind us, wrapping her arms around my waist. It was these affectionate moments of hers that had my wolf clawing to get out. He wanted her, he wanted to mark her. We both knew she still wasn’t ready but that did little when it came to instinct. Every time she would touch us the urge became stronger and stronger.

“I told you, when you’re ready, I would teach you to fight.”

She told John soothingly, her motherly tone comforting him. This was why the pack adored her. She was firm but always did her best to do what was right for each of them. To help them in any way she could.

“I know, Luna. Thank you.”

He tried his best to give her a reassuring smile but it came out more of a grimace.

‘Tell her! I want it done by the end of the day or I will do it myself.’

I used the pack link to give him the push, I know, he needed to come clean with her. The link that would only come to her when I marked her, even though she couldn’t mentally communicate with others, she always seemed to know what they were thinking, or if they were calling out to her.

‘You wouldn’t!’

I smirked. Oh I would! I would have done it already had it not been for the pure fear in his eyes. He truly thought she would look at him differently. I had to hold in the laugh that threaten to break free. He really thought he could hide this from her, though I had a feeling she knew already. She was just being a good Luna and giving him the time he needed.

“You know I hate it when you two start that shit! I’m right here! If you can’t talk out loud, tell me so I can leave. Don’t make me feel like a jackass just staring at you two.”

Her annoyed tone was rather cute but I hated knowing I made her feel like that. It was simply a force of habit, I had to pick and choose my words and sometimes I would almost slip. It was just easier talking to John mentally, I couldn’t give his game away.

“Sorry love, I didn’t mean to. Forgive me?”

I asked, placing a chaste kiss on her lips. Giving her my best pout, the one I knew she hated because she could never resist it. It came in handy often and I wasn’t above playing dirty when it came to her and her feelings.