15: I'm in love with Ryker Daniels

I stood there in the doorway as Ryker sat on the edge of Tristian’s bed. The dim morning glow peaking in through the window warming the room as I watched Ryker sooth Tris.

“Is mummy mad at me?”

My baby whispered. His mop of hair the only thing I could see since his handsome little face was buried in the crook of Ryker’s neck. Small sniffles coming from his tiny body. I wanted to go to him, to tell him I could never be mad at him, but Ryker just shook his head at me.

“Why would she be mad at you?”

I couldn’t help but melt a bit when watching them together. The way he held Tristian close, rocking slightly as his large hand ran up and down his back to comfort him. He loved him so much, you could see it in his eyes every time he looked at him, or when someone spoke of him. You’d never know that he wasn’t his own son, his own flesh and blood.

“I told her I loved her.”

I couldn’t take it anymore, making my way over, I took him from Ryker.

“I’m not mad, baby, you want to know why?”

I pulled him back to look at me. His red rimmed eyes wide as he held back his small sobs.

“W-why?”

“Because I love you too.”

I whispered, locking eyes with him. I wanted him to see the truth behind my words. To see the effect he had on me. This little boy stole my heart from the first moment I laid eyes on him, he wiggle his way in and somehow broke down all my walls. I could never not love him, it was like I didn’t have a choice. Not that I minded, I didn’t want one when it came to him, and to Ryker.

Gripping me tighter, he hugged me with such a force I could feel tears welling in my eyes. It wasn’t until he started planting small kisses over my face that a few slipped out. He was just so sweet, so loving, I didn’t know how to react. I was stunned that someone so innocent and kind could love me so fast.

“Will you lay with me?”

He asked giggling, pulling me and Ryker down on the small bed with him. Well, more I than Ryker since there really wasn’t room to fit him with us. I wasn’t surprised when a loud thud reached our ears. Laughing, Tristian and I looked over the edge to see Ryker face down on the floor, shaking as he tried to hold in his booming laugh.

Turning to mock glare at us, he was on his feet within a second. Tucking Tris in my arms, as if to protect him, we let out a squeak when Ryker quickly picked us both up and carried us across the hall to his room…our room.

Giggling when we went flying through the air to softly land on the king sized bed. Instantly we all dove under the covers and cuddled up together.

“That’s better, now I won’t be alone on the floor.”

Ryker sighed dramatically, pouting at Tristian who giggled and quickly kissed the tip of his nose.  

“Don’t worry, daddy, we would have laid with you on the floor.”

He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Which it probably was. I knew Tris would never leave either of us out in a cuddle session. He would find a way to ensure both of us were there with him. He was just that thoughtful and loving.

“You promise?”

A still pouting Ryker asked, wiping away his fake tears. I couldn’t help the giggle that left my lips or the overwhelming feeling of happiness that came from being with them. I grinned when Tristian simply nodded and turned on his stomach. Face first down on the pillow as his breathing evened out. He was fast asleep once again. I wasn’t surprised since it was 4 in the morning. He wouldn’t be ready to get up for at least another four hours.