19: Who the hell are you?

Ryker’s POV:

I picked up his scent right away. It wasn’t hard since he made no effort to mask it. I felt my blood boil at the thought of him on my territory. He escaped my father before, I wouldn’t allow him to get away a second time.

“Alpha?”

Devin’s voice cut through my mental rage.

“Where’s the letter?”

I didn’t try to hide the fury I was holding at bay. Snatching the envelope when he held it out for me. The stench coming from it was enough to have my fist curl around the paper. Doing my best to not rip it before I had a chance to read it, I slowly unclenched my fingers.

Tearing it open, I carefully removed the small sheet inside.

Ryker,

So nice to find the pack under new management. I see that git you call a father finally stepped down. Taking care of that whore of a mother of yours, is he?

Now, as much as I would love to sit down face to face and chat, I’m quite busy. So I’ll come out and tell you what I want.

I want Dallas.

I claimed her long ago, pup. So be a good boy and let her go. As much fun as it would be to finish what I started all those years ago, I simply can’t be bothered –but make no mistake- if you don’t give me the girl I will kill twice as many as before.

I’ll make you a deal.

Don’t come after her and I will let that bastard you took in live.

Brody.

SHIT! I thought as I dropped the note and took off running back to the house.

He wanted this! He wanted me to come here and leave Dallas and Tristian free for the taking. How could I be so stupid! I just hoped it wouldn’t be too late.

‘Shift and get back to the house! This was a trick, he’s after Dallas!’

I boomed through the pack link. There weren’t many fighters left near the house but as soon as I gave the open order I could feel them shift and run to check on their Luna.

‘John? Where are you? Are you with Dallas?’

When I left, I told him to stay close to her. I knew she wasn’t fond of being watched but this was why he was there. He couldn’t fight –yet- but he could keep an eye on her.

‘We’re just coming to the house now. She sent me with Shane to pick up Tristian while she got cleaned up. I’m nearly there.’

Before I could respond I could feel the connection break. Something was happening.

Dallas’s POV:

I was struggling with the zipper to my jean, it didn’t want to go up. I knew I had gained a little weight since being here but this was just ridiculous! Giving up, I only had one leg out of them before I heard a commotion in the back yard.

I didn’t pay it much attention, I figured it was just J and Shane with Tristian. I had sent John with Shane to pick him up so I could get washed up. My afternoon activities with Ryker had made me a bit….sticky.

I was a little disappointed that we hadn’t been able to finish, but I knew soon we would and I was actually looking forward to it. He had been so gentle with me, so caring. It was nothing like being with him. I knew when we mated, it would be the same, he would be soft and tender.