Chapter 29

Skylar's P.O.V.

"Well, tomorrow's the ultimate day." my father told me as I sat in front of him.

"I'm nervous, but determined." I told him.

He touched my cheek and smiled.

"You look just like your mother. You're also like her in spirit. Willing to do anything for those that you love." he explained.

"I miss her so bad." I said with a tear falling down.

My dad wiped it away and he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Did I ever tell you how I fell in love with your mother during the Battle City tournament?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"Well, here's how it happened. After I encountered your mother and Xavier, I told them to never come across me again. However, as time passed, I couldn't stop thinking about her. She always showed up in my dreams and I would have hallucinations."

"That was until I saw her in a duel. I took matters into my own hands and watched her. I was amazed by how she gracefully defeated her opponent without any pressure. Suddenly, she ended up getting injured badly because of a direct attack from the pervious turn."

"For some reason, I couldn't ignore it. I helped her and aided her. Overtime, she began making a huge impact on me. Despite me being mean to her before, she never left my side and always helped me. I then realized I fell in love with her. When I managed to confess and we were official, I felt as if nothing else mattered, except her. After Battle City, I realized that this was a sign that I would have a second chance at having a happy life with her. After years, you came along and the coldness in my heart was melted with a burning desire to love and care for you all." he explained.

I smiled at the story. "Now, I never regret meeting her." he finished.

I smiled as he pulled me into a hug and I responded immediately.

Kaiba's P.O.V.

"Now I never regret meeting her." I told my daughter.

She smiled and I wrapped my strong arms around her small figure. She responded back, wrapping her arms around my waist.

I kissed her head.

"I love you, sweetie." I told her.

"I love you too, Dad." she responded.

I was blessed to have a daughter with the dueling skills from me, but with the personality of her mother.

I remembered when Amanda surprised me by telling me that she was pregnant around the time after we defeated Anubis and the Pyramid of Light.

It was a happy moment for both of us when she told me she was carrying life inside her. Proof of our love we had for each other.

*Flashback*

I was at Domino Pier for some reason. Amanda had called and told me to meet her there. She sounded so worried and I felt something off.

I, too was concerned because she was my fiancé after all. If something was wrong with her, I would stop at nothing until I found out was was wrong with her. She has become a part of me.

"Seto?" I heard the all too familiar voice call out.

I turned around and saw Amanda there with her hands clasped together and with her jacket zipped all the way up.

That was weird, since she never really zipped up her jackets.

She took a couple steps toward until she was right in front of me.

After a moment of silence with nothing but the seagulls and waves splashing, I spoke up.

"Amanda?"

"Seto, there's something I need to tell you." she told me.

"What is it? Did somebody hurt you? Did anything happen?" I asked as I put my hands on her shoulders.

"No, no, no. Everything's fine. Anyway, you know I love you, right?" she asked.

I nodded.

"Okay. Do you love me?" she asked.

What a ridiculous question.

"Of course I do. I love you just as much as I love Mokuba." I explained.

"Please don't freak out." she warned.

"Why would I freak out?" I asked her.

"What would you do if you found out you had a chance to create another source of life?" she asked me.

"What?" I questioned.

"How would you feel if you were given the opportunity to increase the number of members in your family?" she asked.

"Most of all, what would you feel if I told you you have a chance to be a guardian to someone we'll love unconditionally, even after death?"

I put the pieces together and gasped.

"So, you're saying...." I trailed off.

She unzipped her jacket zipper and placed two hands on her stomach before looking down.

It was then I realized what she was telling me.

My eyes widened and she looked at me with her beautiful, but hopeful blue eyes.

"I-I'm going to be a father?" I asked her.

She smiled and nodded. I couldn't believe it. 

I had the chance to start a new family and love and care for it. I smiled before pulling her into a hug.

"Thank you, Amanda. I can't believe I'm going to be a father." I told her with my voice breaking and the tears thrratening to come out.

"Go ahead." she said.

I instantly sobbed and let all the happy tears out.

"We're gonna make wonderful parents. And we can have our kid or kids live the life we never got to have. A happy life with parents who would never hurt them." Amanda explained.

I pulled away and looked at her. I placed my hand on her stomach and kissed her forehead.

I then wrapped my arms around her and pressed my lips against hers.

That was the moment I realized that there will always be a second chance, no matter what.

*End of Flashback*

I continued to hug my daughter and I looked at the stars in the sky. I saw one that was brighter and I stared.

Skylar can do it, Amanda.

I know she will.