Chapter 13

Third Person's P.O.V.

The whole gang was in the infirmary. Zane and Atticus were currently sleeping on their beds. Alexis was crying for her brother as the others felt sympathy for her. Jaden was comforting his lover as she clung onto him. 

However, Jesse and Chazz were standing in two corners of the infirmary. 

They both felt nothing but guilt. They both had confessed their feelings for Skylar and it just drove her insane.

Jaden got up and stepped out of the infirmary before he decided to contact Seto Kaiba himself. 

After a few rings, he heard Kaiba's voice.

 *Phone Talk*

Seto Kaiba: Hello?

Jaden: Um, Kaiba? It's Jaden

Kaiba: What is it that you need?

Jaden: There's something I have to tell you. It's about Skylar.

Kaiba: Skylar?! She's not hurt, is she?!

Jaden: No, she's fine, but this is what's going on. Skylar hasn't been herself. She now wears a green outfit and she's acting cold and she has some sort of I think she said it was a Millennium necklace and ever since she got it, she has been acting weird. Her eyes no longer look like her's, but lifeless.

Kaiba: Okay. I'm gonna fly over to Duel Academy with Yugi and we'll be there as soon as we can.

Jaden: Okay, Kaiba. Thanks.

Kaiba: Bye.

   *End of Phone Talk*

"We should figure out was is wrong with Skylar. I mean, she changed and everything." Hassleberry said. 

"Well, shat should we do? Zane and Atticus are unconscious and Syrus is acting the same way as Skylar." Chazz said. 

"Relax, everybody. I just called Kaiba and he is on his way here with Yugi Mutou." he explained. 

"Why is the world's number one duelist coming here?" Alexis asked. 

"Well, Skylar is his goddaughter after all." Jaden replied.

 "What is going on with her and that weird necklace of hers?" Chazz asked. 

"Well, I have the answer to that." they heard a deep, yet husky voice say. They turned and saw a boy with pale skin, gray/blue hair, and cold steel blue eyes. 

From his outfit, he was an Obelisk Blue. "Who are you?" Alexis asked. 

"I haven't really seen you around."

"Well, my name is Xavier Winchester and you never see me because I'm an outcast. Anyway, I know what exactly is going on with your two friends. Especially Skylar." he explained. 

"What is it, then?" Jesse asked.

"That necklace she has is one of the seven Millennium items. Some millennium items can hold some spirits in them. For example, a friend of Skylar's godfather had a Millennium Ring. That ring held a dark and evil spirit inside it and when he was possessed or taken over, he acted cold, mean, heartless, and wicked. His appearance even changed to a more evil appearance. That Millennium Necklace she has does not only hold an evil spirit in it, but also a power to see the future. I know about the Millennium items and Skylar. I saw her dueling your two unconscious friends with that small friend of yours. She is known as Seto Kaiba's daughter and a spellcaster/dragon/warrior duelist, am I right?" he asked.

"How do you know Skylar?" Chazz asked. "I have a connection with her." Xavier replied. 

"What connection is it that you have with her?" Blair asked. 

What made the others gasp was what Xavier had replied.

"I'm her uncle."

"Uncle?!" everybody asked in shock. 

"Yes, I'm her uncle." Xavier repeated. 

"But how are you her uncle if you're a teenager?" Jaden asked.

"Well, the reason why is because Skylar's mom, Amanda, was my sister. She was my role model. I admired her dueling and when Battle City was happening, I was only a child, but she knew that I was gonna be ready for dueling. When she and Kaiba fell in love and had Skylar, that's when I became an uncle to a beautiful and smart girl like her. I was devastated when Amanda passed away, but I knew that she would want Skylar to follow her dreams as well as me. Skylar never mentioned me to you all because I asked her not to." Xavier explained.

"Wow. You seem like a cool person." Jaden told him. 

Xavier chuckled and crossed his arms. "If you want to save Skylar, only the one she has a really strong connection to can save her and drive that evil spirit out of her. The one person who cares about her more than anyone else in this world." the steel-eyed boy explained.

All eyes went to Chazz and Jesse. These two boys had strong feelings for her and she had feelings for them both. 

"Well, boys. It can be a 50/50 chance of both of you setting her and your friend free, but eventually, only one of you is gonna save her." Xavier told them both. 

Chazz and Jesse then looked at each other.

"Okay. Chazz, we may hate each other. But, in order to save Skylar and Syrus, we have to work together as a team." Jesse said. 

"Why do I have to work with you?" Chazz replied. 

"Do you want Skylar to be forever taken over or do you want to save her? Us working as a team is the only way to save her. We're not gonna be doing this for each other or for the others, but for her." Jesse explained as he held his hand out.

"As for your friend, Syrus, his mind has been taken over by the spirit possessing Skylar. That's why he is acting the same way as her. That evil spirit is what's making her become powerful in dueling to the point where she actually makes her opponents weak." the cousin of the daughter of Kaiba said.

Everybody looked at each other. 

Jaden, Alexis, Hassleberry, Blair, Bastion, Aster, Jesse, and Chazz knew that the two boys who disliked each other to the bone were gonna have to work together in order to save their dear friend and comrade.

Chazz sighed as memories of him and Skylar flashed through his mind. 

Because of this, Chazz nodded and shook Jesse's hand. 

It was official. 

Everybody felt smiles coming to their faces as they saw the two boys agree with each other.

The Crystal Beast duelist and the Ojama duelist were gonna work together.

A/N: That's Xavier in the pic above