Chapter 16

Chazz's P.O.V.

Dammit. Skylar, or should I say Carmen, ran off once again. 

I just wanted to get rid of the spirit possessing the girl I had fallen in love with. All because of that horrible necklace, she won't be with us anymore of we don't save her.

 Call me crazy, but I want to give up my rivalry with everybody for her. I want to start fresh.

'Boss! We might have found a way to bring Skylar back for at least a temporary amount of time." Ojama Yellow said as he appeared to the raven-haired teen. 

"What do you little dweebs think?" I told them. 

"Skylar can't swim. So, if you somewhat have her make contact with the water by falling in, maybe she can come back for a while." Ojama Green told him.

(A/N: This is basically gonna be the same way on how Ayato managed to bring Yui out of Cordelia's grip for a while on the anime, Diabolik Lovers)

Chazz nodded before the Ojamas disappeared. 

"Guys." I said, making Jesse, Yugi, and Kaiba look at me. 

"What is it, Chazz?" Jesse asked me. 

"I think I have a way to bring Skylar back. Even for only a little while." I told them. 

"She can't swim. Maybe if we push her into the lake or ocean, we can somehow bring her back." Chazz said.

"What?! You can't!" Kaiba said. "Are you crazy?!"

"Relax, Kaiba. I'm an excellent swimmer." I told him. 

"Are you sure this is an option to set her free for a bit?" Yugi asked. 

"Yes, now, let's go." I said before I started running, the guys following behind me. 

Soon, we were at the docks and we saw Carmen/Skylar there. 

She seemed to have sensed us coming because she chuckled darkly.

"What will you losers do?" she said with a smirk as she turned around. 

"Well, Carmen. Close your eyes and I'll show you something." I said. 

I knew I would regret pushing her into the water, but this was the only way. 

Carmen shut her eyes before I slowly walked to her and pushed her into the water, her gasping as she fell before she was inside.

We waited until we saw her come up, trying to stay up. 

"Somebody help me! I can't swim!" she said. I looked at her eyes and saw that she was back to normal. 

Instantly, Jesse dove in and saved her before bringing her back up to the dock.

Skylar's P.O.V.

I saw a light blinding me and before I knew it I found myself being engulfed with water. I gasped as I tried to stay up. 

Because of my thrashing, my head started to hurt bad. "Somebody help me! I can't swim!" I yelled. 

Soon, I felt myself being grabbed and brought up to the surface. I coughed up water before I caught my breath and then when I looked up, I felt like crying.