Chapter 23

Skylar's P.O.V.

I lay down in the infirmary as Jesse and Chazz were sitting down, watching me.

Syrus was in another srea of the infirmary, being watched by Zane and Jaden.

I looked at the two boys I had grown to love and smiled.

"Thank you, guys. I don't know what would have happened if you didn't win." I told them.

"I just want to tell you two that I love you both and I will choose only one of you. If I choose one of you, I will still love the other and will always stay by their side as comrades." I told them.

Jesse and Chazz smiled before they took my hands in theirs.

"We love you too, Sky. And if you choose Crystal Boy here, I'll be totally okay with it." Chazz said.

"I agree. If you choose him, I'll be fine with it. As long as you're happy, we'll be okay with whoever you choose." Jesse said.

I smiled before I rested my head back on the pillow.

"I believe this belongs to you." Chazz said as he gave me a card.

I looked and saw that it was the Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon card my father had given to me when I was a child.

I smiled at him.

"Thanks, Chazzman." I said.

Chazz smiled at the nickname I gave him.

"And I believe this belongs to you, too." Jesse said as he clasped a bracelet on my wrist.

I smiled as I saw that it was the Blue-Eyes White Dragon bracelet he had given me.

My dad came in and I could tell he was happy underneath that tough image. I smiled at them before I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

*Dream*

I was currently at the cliff of Duel Academy, looking out at the open. I looked at the sky and I could see images of me and my mother before she passed.

I smiled as I held the locket I had on, now that I put my Millenium Necklace away and replaced it back with my locket.

"Skylar."

I turned around and looked around as I heard my name being called.

"Somebody there?" I asked. I then heard footsteps coming from my left side.

I looked and saw a beautiful woman there standing in front of me.

She had long, straight, white hair with a tint of blue in it as well as vibrant, blue eyes and fair, pale skin.

She was wearing a simple tan dress that reached till her thighs I believe, but it looked Egyptian like or something.

She didn't look like a bad person. She looked like a good person.

"Who are you?" I asked her.

"My name is Kisara. You may not know this, but I've been watching over you since your Dad gave me to you." she said.

"I'm trying to read in between what you just said." I told her.

"But, I feel like I know you or something." I told her.

The feeling was strange.

As soon as I saw her, I felt some sort of connection to her, like as if we knew each other and I could trust her. She then took my hands in hers.

"It's me. The Blue-Eyes White Dragon." she said as she transformed into the familiar dragon I had loved since childhood.

"Oh, my God. No wonder I felt a connection to you. It's really you." I told her as she transformed back into her human form.

"This is my human form, but I can only be like this in your dreams." she explained.

I hugged her as I smiled.

All this time, my protector had not only been a powerful dragon, but also a girl.

As we pulled away, I looked at her blue eyes.

"So, what have you come here for?" I asked her.

She took a deep breath before speaking up.

"Remember when I told you that the only way to get Carmen to forgive you was to duel her?" she asked me.

I nodded.

"Well, that isn't the only thing. When you duel her, you have to knock some sense into her because her mind is clouded with all the hate and betrayal she feels towards you. You have to show her that you still care about her and that deep down, you're sorry." she explained.

"What happens if I can't be able to do that?" I asked her.

"Then the whole academy will perish and all of us will be in danger." Kisara explained.

I looked at the horizon before turning my attention back to her.

"Well, what do you say?" she asked me.

"If that's the only way to prevent everyone from getting hurt, I'll do it." I told her as we stood side by side, looking at the sun setting.

"I will assist you in your duel with Carmen. I will be your guide. I always fought on your father's side as the Blue-Eyes White Dragon, and now, I will fight by your side." she told me as she grabbed my hand.

"And, we will all help you." she said as Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, Celtic Guardian, Wattailadragon, Gaia The Fierce Knight, and all my Duel Monster spirits appeared around me.

I smiled and nodded, knowing that I would not only have my friends by my side, but also my Duel Monster spirits.

"We will help you, milady." Dark Magician said.

"We will stand with you." Dark Paladin said.

"So will we." Queen's Knight said as she and King's Knight as well as Jack's Knight stepped forward.

"We will fight." Valkyria said as she and Dark Magician Girl stepped forward as my dragons flew in the air.

"All of us Duel Monsters, we will unite and fight alongside our master!" they all chanted as the spellcasters raised their sceptors that were glowing, the warriors and knights raising their swords, and the dragons blasting in the air.

I smiled as I felt my confidence coming back inside me.

I looked at Kisara, who nodded before looking forward.

"Be prepared, Carmen." Kisara started.

"Because we're gonna conquer you." I said.

"Once and for all." we finished.