Chapter 25

Chazz's P.O.V.

I was now at the Obelisk Blue Girl's dorm and with Kaiba and Yugi's help,

I managed to get in with permission to see how Skylar was doing.

I can't believe that for two years, I was so intrigued by Alexis, but the one who I truly loved was Skylar.

I mean, she put up with me despite my cold attitude. She hated me at first, but managed to deal with me.

What happened after that? I fell in love with her.

I got to Skylar's room and slowly opened the door. I saw her there sleeping peacefully.

She was really worn out after she was freed from Carmen's control.

I slowly walked to her and pulled out a chair from her desk before setting it beside the bed and sitting on it.

I gently took Skylar's warm hand in mine.

"Hey, Skylar." I said as she breathed softly.

I brought her hand up to my cheek and let myself get embraced by her warmth.

"I'm just glad you're okay, Skylar. I'm surprised you put up with me all these two years, despite me treating you bad with my cold attitude." I said before my voice began breaking.

"I am so sorry that I was harsh to you. I never realized I loved you until I picked the leaves from your beautiful, long hair. I admired your dueling skills, intelligence, and even joined the Society of Light to keep you safe. I just want to say that you mean the world so much to me and am willing to try and change my attitude for your sake. I will try to make sure you stay happy. Even if you choose Jesse..." I said as I leaned into her face.

".....I will still love you. Forever."

I gently pressed my lips against her's.

Now, here I was.

I was now kissing the one girl I had grown to truly love and not for her appearance, but for who she is.

If she doesn't choose me, I will always be her ally and stand by her side as her comrade.

I am also going to try and be nice to our friends more for her sake.

I slowly pulled away and placed my hand on her cheek gently, as if she would break at any minute.

"I love you, Skylar. No matter who you choose." I told her before I reached into my coat pocket and pulled out a beautiful blue violet before laying it down beside her and getting up.

I put the chair back and headed for the door.

Before I left, I took one last look at Skylar and smiled before leaving.

I went back to the Slifer dorm and went inside my room.

I laid down on my bed.

I remembered the time when I was in the Society of Light, I would still think of Skylar, no matter how hard I tried to stop.

*Flashback*

I was currently with Alexis and Bastion, who had recently joined the Society of Light.

We were standing on the cliff where we saw all the non-Society of Light people talking with one another.

I looked and I saw Skylar talking to that slacker, Jaden.

It was then Skylar was challenged to a duel by a girl from the white dorm. Skylar accepted and started her duel disk.

"My turn. I draw. I summon forth my Queen's Knight in attack mode. I will have her attack you directly." Skylar said as the knight attacked the girl and her life points went from 4000 to 2400.

"Then, I'll place a face down and end my turn." she said.

"My turn. I draw. I summon Gemini Elf in attack mode." the girl said.

"Now, Gemini Elves, attack Queen's Knight." the girl commanded.

"Not so fast! I activate my trap card, Attack Guidance Armor. When this card is activated, the monster it attaches to is destroyed by the attack meant to hit me. Attack Guidance Armor, attach to the Gemini Elves!" Skylar said.

The armor attached to the elves and the attack meant to hit Queen's Knight went to the Gemini Elves and the girl's life points went from 2400 to 500.

"I place one card face down and activate the spell, Poison of The Old Man. I will gain 1200 life points." the girl from the Society of Light said as her life points went from 500 to 1700. I end my turn."

"My turn. I draw. I play Graceful Charity. I can draw three more cards and discard two." Skylar said.

"I now activate Monster Reborn to bring back a monster I sent to the Graveyard. I choose my Blue-Eyes White Dragon." she said as the dragon that had been protecting her since her birth came out.

"Now, I will use my trap, Return From The Different Dimension. By paying half my life points, I can bring back all the monsters I have in my Graveyard. The ones I bring back are the ones I discarded. The Dark Magician and Magician's Valkyria." she said as the spellcasters came out.

"Now, this duel will be over, because I now sacrifice my Queen's Knight, my Blue-Eyes White Dragon, and my Dark Magician in order to summon one of my most powerful monsters." she declared.

"It can't be!" the girl said as she sweat dropped.

"Come out, Slifer The Sky Dragon!" she said as the place filled with black clouds and the first Egyptian God came out with it's thunderous roar.

"Now, Slifer and Dark Magician Girl, attack her directly and end this duel!"

When that happened, the girl was back to normal, much to our dismay.

"I don't understand how a slacker like her could beat one of our own." Bastion said, his arms crossed.

"Oh, shut it. Someday, that stupid girl will see the light and join us." Alexis said.

"What do you think, Chazz?" she asked.

"I don't know. I mean, she seems good, but not really good enough to join." I said.

Did I really say that? Of course I did.

"Is that sympathy?" I heard a familiar voice ask.

I looked and saw Sartorius there.

"Uh..." I tried to say something, but was out of words.

"You're not becoming weak, are you? Like the boy you once were?" he said as he walked towards me, me taking steps back.

"No." I stood my ground.

"You are a member of the light! Do not betray me!" he said before he, Alexis, and Bastion left.

I looked at Skylar and she looked at me.

Her deep blue eyes gazing into my black/gray ones.

She turned around and left, Jaden following her.

I suddenly felt my heart flutter, but I ignored it and walked off.

*End of Flashback*

I soon closed my eyes before I let myself fall asleep.