Chapter 2

Skylar's P.O.V.

 I walked through the woods of Duel Academy. My feet were starting to ache from all the walking, so I stopped and pulled out the card that would get me to the school faster than walking.

"Blue Eyes White Dragon. Come on out, girl." I commanded. 

The beautiful and mighty dragon then appeared with a roar. 

"Hey, girl. Can you take me to Duel Academy?" I asked her.  

She roared before she flew down and lowered herself to the ground. I then walked to her and swung my leg over before adjusting myself on her. 

She got up and I grabbed onto her as she flew off. I smiled as I saw the school there.

"Duel Academy, here I come." I told myself as I rode the dragon. 

I held my locket that I NEVER take off that had a picture of me and my parents while the other one was of me and Mokuba. 

I put it back behind my collar just as I was already at the docks of Duel Academy. 

The Blue Eyes White Dragon then landed on the dock before I got off of her. 

"Thanks, for the help." I told her as she nuzzled my cheek. 

"Blue Eyes White Dragon, return." I commanded before the dragon went back into the card.

 "Skylar!" I heard someone shout my name.

I turned and was greeted with the faces of my two best and closest friends, Jesse and Jaden. 

I ran to them both before wrapping my arms around them in a hug. 

"Jesse! Jaden!" I said happily. "

You're finally back! Jaden wouldn't shut up about you." Jesse told me. 

"Hey! I just wanted my best friend back. You wouldn't shut up either." Jaden told him. 

"Relax boys, you're both my best friends." I told them as I pulled away.

It was then I saw a flash of blue behind Jesse. I smiled as I saw Ruby climb up my leg and sit on my shoulder. 

"Hey, Ruby. Good to see you again." I told her with a smile. 

I then heard a familiar sound come from Jaden, followed by the Winged Kuriboh appearing. 

"Hey. Good to see you again, Winged Kiriboh." I told the ciue spirit.

 It was then the spirit of my Blue Eyes appeared as Ruby went back to Jesse and Kuriboh went back to Jaden.

Jesse, Jaden, and I all had the ability to see duel spirits. We were like the three musketeers. Our ability to see spirits brought us closer. Jesse and Jaden were so precious to me. I would do anything for them as they would do anything for me.

Master Skylar, when will we have another duel?" she asked me. 

"Well, I just got here. Probably tomorrow." I replied. 

Just then, both her, Ruby, and Winged Kuriboh disappeared. 

Me and my two best friends began walking into Duel Academy. 

"So, Jay. How are things with you and Alexis?" I asked him. 

"Pretty good. Chazz won't stop hitting on her though." he explained. 

"Well, here's a little advice. Tell Chazz to back off and that Alexis belongs to you. Not him. You and Alexis are meant to be. Dorm color doesn't matter. All that matters is that you two have each other. If you don't tell off Chazz, I'll do it myself if I have to." I told the Slifer Red student as we walked through the hallways of Duel Academy.

See, Chazz and I haven't always had the best relationship. He always mocks me and makes fun of me just because he's from a rich family. 

I mean, come on. Just because you come from a rich family, doesn't mean that you have to be a stuck-up, self-centered brat that can't even get a girl to like you. 

I always stuck up for Jay or my other friends whenever Chazz started his bullcrap. 

What he doesn't know is that I may look small and fragile, but I'm actually tough as nails.

"Skylar's right, Jay." Jesse agreed with me. 

"Thanks, you two." Jaden said. 

Just then, I saw our group standing in the end of the hallway. 

"Guys!" Jaden called out.

 They all snapped their heads towards us and smiled as they saw me. 

"Skylar!" they all said. 

When I got to them, I was engulfed in a hug by Alexis. 

"Finally, you're back! I missed you!" she said. 

"I missed you too. All of you." I told her. 

After hugging Bastion, Syrus, Atticus, and the rest, we all walked together.

I was finally with my group of friends. The real reason why I formed all these friendships was because of the game of Duel Monsters. 

Duel Monsters brought me here. It brought me the people I called my friends. Its not just about the heart of the cards. It's also about the friendships I formed thanks to the game.

"So, how did things go back at Domino City?" Bastion asked. 

"Great. My dad and I got everything in control and I spent time with my family. I miss them so much already." I explained. 

"Do you regret going?" Atticus asked me as he placed a hand on my shoulder. 

"No. It was really great seeing my dad and my family. It was just really hard saying goodbye." I told them. 

"You'll see them again, Sky. We promise." Jesse said as the rest nodded. 

"That's right, soldier. You will soon see your family." Hassleberry said. 

I laughed as I bumped his shoulder with my fist. 

Suddenly, I felt a shoulder collide with mine, making me fall to the ground. I looked and saw the one person I hated the most besides Chazz, of course. Her strawberry blonde hair that fell to her waist in locks, her jade green eyes that showed nothing but meanness in them. 

Aubrey Jeffrey. She was always a mean girl. She always wore so much makeup, you could easily see it. She always flirted with other guys and is a Ra Yellow. 

She's even tried to hit on Jesse, Jadem, Atricus, Hassleberry, Zane, even Chazz. 

Luckily, they all rejected her.

"Watch where you're going, stupid." she said. 

"Excuse me, you're the one who shoved me!" I argued as I got up, my fists clenched. 

"Please, I am way better than you in every way." the little skank said as she flipped her hair. 

"How dare you speak that way to Skylar?" Alexis said, but was held back by Jaden and Zane. 

"Calm down, Lexi." Jaden said as he kissed her cheek. 

"I challenge you to a duel and we'll see who's the best. I know for sure that's gonna be me." Aubrey said as she took out her mirror and checked herself out. 

"I accept your challenge." I said. 

"Are you sure about this, private?" Hassleberry asked me. 

"I'm dead sure." I said. "Nobody messes with a Kaiba and gets away with it."

 "Very well. We will duel tomorrow after lunch." Aubrey said as she closed her mirror. 

I glared at her as I clenched my fists tighter.

"You're on."