Chapter 27

Skylar's P.O.V.

I was now with Zane and Atticus as well as my father and my uncle. We were at the docks where I fell last time and Chazz saved me.

I found about about the kiss he gave me while I was resting.

It warmed my heart and I closed my eyes as I felt my lips that were given my first kiss by Chazz.

I was wearing the flower that he had given me in my hair and the Blue-Eyes White Dragon bracelet Jesse had given me.

I touched it softly and smiled.

I sighed, making my father turn to me.

"You okay, Sky?" he asked me. I nodded.

"Just a lot of stuff on my mind." I replied.

"Skylar. Everything will be okay. As long as you have us by your side, you won't fail." Zane told me as he placed his hand on top of my head and patted it like how an older brother would do to his little sister.

Though me and Zane weren't related by blood, we were siblings by heart.

Same was for Jaden, Syrus, Atticus, and Hassleberry. 

I smiled before he pulled his hand away.

"I will duel Carmen in two days." I told them.

"Try to be careful, Skylar. I don't want to lose you like how I lost your mother." my father told me.

I could tell he loved my mom dearly because I could see he wanted to cry.

"How about you two face off? You know, in a father-daughter duel?" Zane suggested.

I looked at him as I shrugged.

"He has a point." Atticus agreed.

"Well, if it can prepare me more, then might as well." I told him.

"You might need these." I said as I handed my father the three Blue-Eyes White Dragons, Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, and Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon.

"No, Skylar. I gave you these cards." he said.

"I need to do this. Maybe I can see what it's like to lose against your own monster." I told him.

"Skylar, you're crazy!" I heard Kisara/Blue Eyes say.

"I'm sorry, Kisara. I have to do this. Just this once." I replied as my dad took the cards.

We took our positions and activated our duel disks.

"You sure you want to do this?" Father asked me.

"My friends are in danger. The two boys I have grown to love are in danger. My family is in danger. The whole school is in danger. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine." I reassured him.

It was time to let go of my fear and stand up to it.

The duel with my Dad would be the only thing that can make me more prepared for my duel with Carmen.

Xavier's P.O.V.

"Duel." Skylar and Seto both said as she drew.

"I'll go first. I summon Magician's Valkyria in defense mode. Then, I will place a face down and end my turn." she told him.

"My move. I draw. I summon Familiar Knight in defense mode. Then, I'll place two face downs. Your move, Sky." he said.

"I draw. I summon my Queen's Knight in attack mode. Now, I attack your knight." my niece said.

The red knight then plunged her sword through Seto's monster before he was destroyed.

Soon, he brought out Des Feral Imf.

"By destroying your knight, I've activated it's special ability, which allows you to play a new beast in it's place." she said.

"Sky, are you crazy?" Zane asked.

"Why would you let him play a monster stronger than yours?" Atticus asked.

"Relax, you guys. Skylar knows what she's doing. I've seen her duel more than you two because she grew up dueling." I told them.

"But don't let that get to you, Dad. Because the effect also lets me summon a new monster. I choose my King's Knight." she said as her second knight came out.

"When my two knights are in play, I can automatically summon Jack's Knight." she said as her third knight came out.

"Now, Jack's Knight, attack his Des Feral Imp." she commanded.

Soon, Seto's monster was gone. His life points went down to 2400.

"Now, King's Knight, attack him directly." she commanded.

"I play my face down, Negate Attack. Now, I take no Battle Damage." my brother-in-law said.

"I'm not done. I activate Mystical Space Typhoon. With it, I can destroy your face down." Skylar groaned as her face down was no more.

"I end my turn by switching my King and Jack to defense. "

"I draw. I activate White Dragon Ritual in order to summon Paladin of White Dragon. Now, Paladin, attack her Queen's Knight with Ionic Spear Burst." Seto commanded.

Skylar groaned as her Queen's Knight was destroyed and her life points went to 2400.

"Now, I summon Peten The Dark Clown and Kaibaman. Now, I'll sacrifice them to bring out Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Now, I'll have the dragon attack your two other knights." he said as the dragon that Skylar loved more than anything attacked her knights and destroyed them.

"I end my turn." he said.

Skylar sweatdropped as she realized she only had one monster left on the field.

Zane and Atticus were looking in worry and I could tell Seto had guilt on his fave for using Skylar's own monster against her, but she chose this.

"I draw. I play the spell card, Ancient Rules in order to summon Dark Magician. Then, I activate the trap card, Magician's Circle. This card allows me to summon a Spellcaster with 2000 attack points or less. Dark Magician Girl, come on out!" Skylar commanded as her two powerful monsters came out.

"Now, I activate Poison of The Old Man. Now, you take 800 points of damage." she said as her father's life points went from 2400 to 1600.

"Now, I will activate Brain Control. With it, I can choose which monster to use on your side of the field as my own. I choose Blue-Eyes!" she told him.

Soon, Blue-Eyes White Dragon was out on my niece's side of the field.

"Now, I will have all three Magicians and Blue-Eyes White Dragon attack and end this duel!" she said as Magician's Valkyria, Dark Magician, and Dark Magician Girl blasted as well as the might dragon.

Seto's life points dropped to 0 and he looked at his daughter with a smile.

"Good job, Sky. Now, I know you're ready to take Carmen down." he said as he walked over to Skylar.

He pulled her into a hug, which she quickly responded to.

Me, Zane, and Atticus exchanged smiles as my brother-in-law and niece enjoyed their father-daughter moment.