Chapter Twenty-Eight

You know, you'd think I'd ged to seeing the people I'm close to dead. That maybe after seeing it so often-or even being the cause of it- I wouldn't have this feeling of guilt in my chest. Like Katelynn had a knife in her's.

"It's a shame." I heard my voice saying, felt the sentences coming in my throat. To be honest I had no idea what was going on upstairs. "That was a nice dress. Rarity's gonna be so upset."

Logan chuckled. Or, Jimmy chuckled and Logan was a darkness filling up every ounce of him. I glared his direction. He'd left Dominic's table lamp on- that awful kind only librarian and bookies use-so I could see he was still dressed in his suit from tonight. His hair was a darker blond. His eyes were black. The kind that haunted me, and reminded me of demons from Supernatural only he still had the whites of his eyes.

But he had Jimmy's face.

"I'm telling her it was your fault." I informed him, blandly.

Logan laughed again. "Because nothing can ever be your fault, right? Oh no. It was Morgana that killed all those people. Darcy who ruined the plan. Twilight who can't assimilate to humans fast enough. Nothing can fall on the shoulders of the infallible Morgan Spencer."

"Hey I know take credit for my own shit." I argued. "Same as you. And I don't take away people's memories of it."

Logan grinned in confusion, before comprehension dawned. "Your sister. She must've met me before. She's the only one who could've told you. Thorax is an idiot, he can barely remember to tie his shoes."

"He doesn't wear shoes." I argued in my boyfriend's defense. I was such a good girlfriend. "He's a horse. Did becoming Garfield Logan make you stupid?" He narrowed his eye at me. "Hey you forget that Lilac still forgets her shoes until she steps on a rock."

"Becoming Garfield Logan hasn't made me stupid. It's made me...expanded." Logan stated. In that stupid way they always fucking do by puffing their chests and broadening their shoulders. "Jimmy was weak."

"Jimmy was my friend. Katelynn too." I reminded him. In my mind, I was using the same tone one uses when giving a death threat. Logan grinned smugly. "So what is this, huh? Possession? Mind control? I'm gonna be honest, Garfield, I don't know."

"You don't know?" Logan mocked. "Not when you experienced the same thing?"

"I would say I'm pretty sure I'd remember being possessed by a dick, except you wipe my memory a lot so...who knows?" I remarked.

Logan laughed. "It's a rare thing, you know, when a Traveler goes Dark. Two in the same generation. We're revolutionaries." He walked around the table, closer to me. I glared at him, my hand curled into a fist to punch him. "In order to go dark, you need to either change something so fundamental in a world that the only way it can compensate would be to alter the Traveler. Tell me, Morgan, how did you become Morgana?"

I didn't answer.

"Because you don't have a bite. You'd died, so you should have a vampire bite on your neck." Logan reached for my neck to point.

I grabbed his wrist, squeezing it.

Logan chuckled in my face. "So. How did you become a vampire, hmm? What had you done?"

"Shut the fuck up."

"Did you stop the vampire attack?" Logan went on as if I wasn't squeezing his wrist to a breaking point. I had earth pony strength-buried deep, deep down-so I could do it. "Did you stop them from killing people?"

"Whatever you are, get out of my friend." I warned. "Because I'm losing my patience."

"Is that what happened? You lost your patience, killed some vampires yourself?" Logan carried on. Which only pissed me off further. "Kill the wrong one?"