Chapter Four

I got to the Library, just walking right in and towards her lab. A part of me was already regretting this decision.

Twilight had pulled out the Machine. The same one she used on Pinkie and me in Pinkie Sense. Twilight even decked herself out in scientist gear.

Even better. Her wings were trapped underneath. That was cheerful.

I flew down to the laboratory, grinning at Twilight.

She glared, always the professional. She lifted the helmet.

"Come on, you have to admit you look a little funny." I teased as she strapped the helmet on my head.

Twilight rolled her eyes, but she smiled. "I probably should have worn a pegasi lab coat."

"Rarity can probably make you one." I commented.

Twilight nodded, putting the last strap on. She turned on the machine, and got to work. "I know, but I don't want to trouble her."

"It's Rarity." I laughed. "She sees you wearing that, she'll have a new lab coat by sundown."

After a small pause, I heard a chuckle coming from Twilight. She walked over towards the data collecting point, making sure the paper wouldn't jam. "Sundown? You don't think she already has one made?"

I snorted. "She's secretly been planning it ever since you became a Princess."

Twilight gave me a slightly pained look. "If a lab coat is all Rarity has for me, I'll be thankful." She typed out some commands on the typewriter connected to the machine. "I love Rarity, and I'm glad she's willing to do all this for us-"

"But, she can be overbearing in some of her more generous days." I said

The alicorn gave me a look. It was more curious than angry. "How can you do that?" She asked. Her tone light, telling me she wasn't angry. The machine whirred to life, and I could hear the various gears and knobs turning.

"Do what?" I asked.

"Just be, blunt." Twilight said, coming to look me in the eye. "You've always been able to just...just say whatever a pony was really thinking, or what they're really saying."

I shrugged, slumping in my chair. "I don't like people telling me half truths. If I tell them what they are thinking, they know I'm not fooled by them. That's generally the point when they realize I'm actually a bit dangerous, and stop lying to me."

Twilight walked over to her chair, giving me an almost pleading look. "But what if you misjudge? What if what you think they were going to say wasn't even close?"

"I never guess, Sparkle of Twilight." I reminded her. "That's a rule."

"Raspberry, sometimes a simple misunderstanding could ruin a whole friendship." Twilight stressed.

"Calling me a whore and my daughter a waste of space is another way to ruin a friendship." I snapped, the memory playing in my mind as if fresh.

Twilight flinched back as if burned. She gave me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry."

"Why? You never said anything negative about Lilac, or basically said I should order her execution." I nearly growled, shifting uncomfortably in my seat. "I am actually disappointed for one thing."

"Just one?" Twilight commented dryly.

I rolled my eyes. "Hahaha." I gave her a flat look. "You're hilarious." She gave me a ghost of a smile. "I'm disappointed Brown didn't say anything about her, then I would be justified to you and the others."