Chapter Five

The next morning, I immediately set to work. There were a lot of things I needed to plan for. The first thing had to be helping Twilight with her investigations on my powers. Then there was this stupid date I agreed to.

Then came more business like plans. The Feud and Equestria Girls. The movie was easier to work with, thankfully. It was almost too easy.

Okay. Never mind. Pretend I never said that. When I say that, it hits the fan.

I walked into the Carousel Boutique. Rarity had certainly kept the place clean, which I find a miracle with the Crusaders sleeping over every month.

"Rarity, I need help with Twilight." I called out to her.

There was a small thud from upstairs. Rarity's hooves echoed across the marble in her home.

"Is it Tuesday already?" Rarity asked as she entered the room. Her calendar lifted up in her blue magic.

I snorted. "No. That was yesterday." Now that whole day made sense.

Rarity laughed, gently. She walked up to me. A clipboard hovered beside me. "What did you need?" Rarity asked, a feather pen coming up.

"Twilight needs a new lab coat." I began. "Her's doesn't have wings holes. I would have brought it with me-"

"Oh don't even say it." Rarity shuddered. "I'll make Twilight a new one right away."

"Remember. She likes it simple." I reminded her.

Rarity nodded, writing that on the clipboard. The two of us began walking up to her room.

"It's more functional than fashionable." I went on. "A plain white lab coat."

Rarity kept her focus on her clipboard, trotting up the stairs. "I know, I remember her birthday party."

That made me laugh. "Yeah." That was a funny party, and it gave me a great chance to bond with Twilight.

Who I had lied to.

Nope. No guilt. I did what I did so that Twilight would leave it alone. Shift my focus, shift my focus.

Rarity and I were at the door to her workshop.

"Was there something else you needed?" Rarity asked, looking down at me with curiosity.

I don't know why, but I was nervous. It shouldn't be that difficult to ask Rarity for this.

"No questions, please." I pleaded. "One simple dress. No glitter, sparkles, bells, or sequins."

Rarity's eyes started to grow, even sparkled. The dressmaker squee'd. "You want me to make you a dress?! Oh, whatever for darling?"

I sighed. This was a horrible idea. "Pinkie promise not to tell. I mean it. I don't want this getting out." I glared.

Rarity stopped squealing. She was taking it seriously. She did the motions, Rarity looked me in the eyes. "What is it, Raspberry?"

A beat. "A date."

A blink. "A date?"

A nod. "A date."

"You're...going on a date."

"One date, then never again."

"You, are going on a date, this Saturday."

"Yes, Rarity, a date. Three hours with an annoying stallion, and then I will never have to see him again. Fair trade."

"Have you ever even been on a date, darling?"