Chapter Sixteen

When morning came around, I realized it was Sunday. Church is in three hours, my sister would be back by moonrise, and my daughters would be watched by Twilight until I returned. I would explain more, but I was also too excited too sleep so I'm running on pure force of will.

At first, I wanted Darcy to be a surprise for the girls. Just the image of them coming down for breakfast only to see their aunt at the table. Then, I remembered Cookie had no idea who Darcy was. Plus Lilac would want to know what happened, so I would have to explain it to her beforehand in hopes she'd understand.

Above all they were family, they deserved to know another member was coming.

In my nerves, I made full use of my new kitchen. Gemstone, fish, and chocolate pancakes, banana nut muffins with rubies, apples, sausage and bacon, and scrambled eggs. This might be too much for us, I don't even know what I was thinking for half of this stuff.

On the table, it what was designated as my seat, were dozens of papers I had poured out the plans for getting Darcy back. It was also full of various spells that I would use to get to Tiffany's, which doll I would use as a temporary body for her, and fake documents proving citizenship. I'd have to go to the Centre to get them all finalized and official.

There were also some plans for this house when she came. A new bed, other furniture, orders for weaponry she'd like. It was gonna be a perfect birthday for both of us!

Twilight came down first. I was working on cleaning the frying pan. She grimaced at the sausage and bacon, moving on to the apples.

"Good morning!" I cheered, tossing the pan into the bubble filled sink. It splashed on my shirt, it didn't phase me. My sister could come back.

The bookworm princess scanned the kitchen. Her purple eyes bugged at the high stacks of paper and plates full of food. She looked at me in concern. "...morning?"

I dried off my hands, pulling out a plate for her. "Made some pancakes for us, so the girls can have fish and gemstone."

Twilight's eyes went from me to the food. "How long have you been awake?"

Laughing, I handed her a plate covered in fruit and pancakes. "Too much work to do for sleep." She took the plate in her shaky hands. "Had to write up plans for before, during, and after Darcy's back. It was easy, since I had most of the documents for Cookie printed so I just copied them for Darcy."

Taking a seat by my papers, Twilight glanced them over. "And you're sure it's going to work?" Twilight asked, hesitant.

My smile faltered. "It has to." I said, voice low.

That was when the girls came running into the kitchen. Cookie excitedly went straight to the fish pancakes, bacon, and sausage. Lilac tiredly fell into a seat at the table.

"Morning!" I cheered, fixing up her plate. 'Toast. I forgot to make toast!'

Lilac blinked, lazily. "Mom?" She asked slowly.

Cookie didn't notice any conversation, just digging into her food.

"Sweetheart." I called to her. "Forks?"

The griffin human titled her head in confusion, before remembering the silverware. She grabbed it, then went back to stuffing the food down her throat.

'Now I have to house train a four year old. Great.' I smiled, shaking my head at her childish antics.

"Mom?"

"Yes Princess?"

My daughter and Twilight exchanged looks. Twilight bit her lip nervously, gesturing with her fork to the stacks of documents. This only made Lilac more worried.