Chapter Twenty

There was a time when my family was happy. It wasn't peaceful, but we liked it that way.

My mind wandered back to them as Discord's magic dropped us off at an empty cliff sight.

"I wanted to take us right to your coltfriend. There is no coltfriend." Discord hummed in confusion.

"I have an idea where he might be." Spike pointed off in the distance.

There was a giant structure, which looked a lot like you imagined a changeling hive would. Some changelings were flying wildly around the top. Those were probably the guards, or at least scouts.

The Changeling Hive had my friends inside it. The ponies in charge of Equestria. My coltfriend, who was innocent in this whole thing. They wanted to take my daughters in there. There was also the Heart of Damballa, which was taken somewhere with changeling magic. It was no coincidence that Chrysalis decided to take everypony I loved the day I figured out changelings were behind the theft.

So as far as I was concerned, Darcy was a prisoner there as much as everypony else.

Discord's magic had brought us this far. Which probably means there was some kind of magical barrier around the Hive, similar to the shield around Canterlot except this shield could repel magic? Changelings were idiots, but they could be taught apparently.

Seeing as we were still so far away, I tried to fire off a spell to see the limits. Maybe if I fired a large enough spell, whatever shield was in place would explode. That's what happened to the shield in Canterlot. Granted, it took a hundred changelings nose diving on it-

NO! This was my only chance to get my family and friends back. I fired a laser spell in the direction of the Hive.

My spell floated off towards the Hive. I growled, trying another and another and another.

When nothing worked, I fell onto my plot. That was when I felt all the saddlebags on my back. Did I even want to know what he packed for me that wasn't already in my Infinity Bag? Oh wait, that was on my other side.

"Oh, this is so strange." Discord spoke. I could barely process it. "We're here and that's there, and I clearly meant for us to be there and not here." He shrugged. He raised his lion paw. "Oh, well. If at first you don't succeed-"

My magic could still hold his lion paw. "Maybe we should come up with a plan first?" I deadpanned.

Discord blew the magic away. "A what?"

Pinkie started waving her hoof in the air wildly. "Oh! Oh! I know what it is! It's figuring out the best way to do something before you actually do it!" Pinkie chirped.

"Gold star, Pinks."

"OH! I think Discord packed me some stickers!" He had, as was revealed when Pinkie pulled out a long roll of star stickers. She stuck one on her forehead.

Discord laughed. "Oh, that's adorable. But you see, unlike you, I can do anything."

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"She has a point-" Spike began, before Discord cut him off with his lion paw.

"That's all very nice, but really a waste of time." Discord spoke on. "We have me. And what else could we possibly need?"

'A plan. A map of the Hive. The locations of where everypony inside is. Maybe an answer to how we get inside? Literally anything but what you're doing?'

I couldn't get myself to say any of that. "Discord, my magic isn't working here. You saw that. We need to think this through." My words were forced through grit teeth.