Chapter Fourteen

It was finally time to see Kick-Ass 2.

August 17th, and the clock was about to strike 7:30.

Jimmy walked into my office, becoming shocked at today's decorating choice. It was all done in a Mad Tea Party theme; dark green walls to look like a forest with a dozens of flowery vines, the coffee table decorated with various kinds of tea cups, couches made out to look like mushrooms, and my desk had been turned into a giant fallen log tree.

On my head, I wore a dark green top hat with a blue polka dot ribbon tied around it. I smiled crazly at Jimmy. I was still sitting on the mushroom couch, having tea.

I had been on the famous Cloud Nine since seeing Bee's blue eyes. It was just one step closer to finding more out about him, like maybe hear about his siblings or what he did, or just anything.

"Hello dearie." I said in a Scottish accent, holding up one of the plastic tea cups. "Welcome to the party." I lifted my pinkie, drinking the tea.

Jimmy looked a little weirded out, to say the least. "Uh. What happened to the office?" He looked at my window, seeing the magical moving butterfly and horsefly stickers on them.

"Lilac and I showed Cookie Alice in Wonderland, and the theme's been in my head ever since." I admitted, going back to my normal accent. I hopped up from the mushroom couch, practically skipping to the door. "Took a bit of science and shit to make the room a SMART room, remember that weird Disney movie SMART house? I basically did that here." I lied. "You're a bit early, but it's cool."

"Well, uh, you know what they say about the early bird." Jimmy nervously chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. He looked around the garden room again.

I usually kept my lights on low, seeing as I spent most of my time in here either Traveling or watching TV to help procrastinate for what I was supposed to be doing in here. Sometimes I was reminded of how strange my life looked to other people.

He's lucky he wasn't here for the actual tea party. Cookie played an excellent Alice, and Lilac an excellent Dormouse. It got real crazy, real fast, as all Stardust parties did. It hadn't seemed weird at the time, it seemed like a great way to help Cookie adjust to her new world. She's been taking it almost too well, like a duck to water and cat's don't do water.

She's taking it like Darcy had. Darcy had been excited about it from the start, ever since I first told her about it. Maybe that's the problem. She's like her aunt, and I don't want anyone to be like Darcy. I want Darcy. It was no use crying about it anymore, she had been dead five years. Dead. I couldn't bring her back this go around.

I took off my hat, putting it on the hat rack. My other clothes were normal; a green shirt with Psych written in bold white, my washed out jeans, and my pink sneakers. Darcy's necklace was around my neck, since I felt exposed without her by my side in some way, and the reality watch on my wrist. I put on my infinity bag, just in case.

Jimmy were a plaid blue t-shirt, jeans, and a pair of black sneakers. He looked alright in them, certainly seemed a little taller. He was still looking around the room. "Wow. The perks of royalty."

"Boy, you have no idea." I smirked. I let out a relieved sigh. "I've been waiting almost three weeks to see this movie."

"Excited about the release?" Jimmy asked.

"No. I mean it's been three weeks since I invited you to it, and I'm a naturally patient person. Ish." I explained, walking backwards towards the door. Jimmy snorted, shaking his head. "Our lives are complicated, but it makes talking about time travel sound normal."