Chapter Fifteen

After Tracy heard about the incident (because Jimmy's mom heard and called) she ordered me back to the Centre. Jimmy had told me he would call in the morning, to see if everything was alright with me and if I had Darcy back. It was well past the girls bedtime, but I was disappointed to hear they hadn't woken up. I would've liked a little support right now.

My office was still in the Wonderland setting. It was the best bit of comfort right now. Tracy asked I bring Twilight here, the only bit of Traveling I was allowed. The glorified babysitter proceeded to wake up my mother and have her come down to the Centre. Dad was apparently needed for church tomorrow.

Mom was standing behind the mushroom arm chair, glaring at Tracy because she was only normal thing in this room. Twilight was looking over her notes on a table that looked like a really big blade of grass bent over. Tracy was going over her clipboard, which had a copy of the scans Twilight had been giving me in her basement.

I was reclining on the mushroom couch, though relaxing was the furthest thing from my mind. It wasn't even for the same reason everyone else was worried. My foot was hopping in my desire to run after the Heart of Damballa. It was an ancient voodoo necklace with the power to move souls. All I needed to do was get it, and a doll, and use it to awaken Darcy. I had already memorized the spell (I was superstitious, okay?)

There were some drawbacks, of course. The Heart of Damballa was with a new owner, Tiffany (aka, the woman now possessing Jennifer Tilly). She would have recently used them to transfer the souls of her twins into the bodies of...her twins (it's complicated). She'll be hesitant to give me the Heart. There was also the fact that Darcy had been dead for five years (on Earth, though, seven months) so her body was useless.

The biggest drawbacks was that no one was letting me go save my sister.

The three other women were arguing in front of me. Their conversation had been tuned out for the most part. I listened back in, finding it just as interesting as when I first came in.

Tracy had looked up from her clipboard, annoyed at the results if her face was anything to go on. "You said she was getting better."

"She was! I had thought with the use of the Elements that Morgan's powers would have fixed themselves-" Twilight tried to explain.

"Well they obviously didn't." Mom snapped, hands on her hips. "So now what do we do? I can't let her come to school and risk the lives of the other students."

Here I am, Queen of the Travelers, almost 200 years old, mother of two, and apparently I'm not needed in a discussion about myself. What a time to be alive.

"I ran more tests after the Princess Summit." Twilight explained. "The data showed no drastic changes. Raspberry was fine!"

"Was Morgan?" I countered, speaking for the first in time in (if my wall clock that looked like a pocket watch was right) twenty minutes.

Twilight was the only one capable of hearing me. I'll attribute that to her equine hearing. "Huh?"

"Your Majesty, you're in enough trouble as it is." Tracy advised, giving me a look to respectfully shut up.

I carried on, talking purely out of spite. "Well, it would make sense if my alicorn self could handle the magics of the Elements. She's Equestrian. My human self would have some obvious difficulties. The most magic I've dealt with when in this body was...in January."

Twilight looked ready to slap herself with a book (The ultimate betrayal). "Of course. The human body, or the Traveler one in this case, would naturally have some resistance to the magic. That's why you haven't made a portal by accident yet. The Elements were too powerful, so your body had to expunge it with the most powerful spell it had; portals."