Chapter 1

Chapter 1

It's been almost a year since I've left England. Almost a year since I left my life behind. My birthday is in a few days, and a lot has changed.

I started my senior year in New York at a school called Millennium High School. I made a few friends but only one that I would actually stay in touch with after I graduated. Even though, I started at a new school doesn't mean I ever finished at it.

I've been wanting to be a singer for as long as I can remember, and now, it's finally happening. I tried out for some singing competition called the Voice. I had a three chair turn. Blake Shelton, Christina Aguilera, and Adam Levine. I chose Adam as my coach, and he took me all the way to the top three. I didn't win, though. I came in second place. This guy named Matthew Parker won, which I'm not upset about. He is a really great singer and an even better person.

Anyway once the show was over, I had loads of people wanting to sign me to their record labels. I'm currently signed to Capitol Records. It was amazing how much support I was getting from my fans. I never thought something like this could happen to a girl like me. I mean I'm just a normal girl from Doncaster, England. Sure, my brother is Louis Tomlinson, but no one here knows that.

In fact, no one has a clue of anything. Nobody knows anything about me, and it's amazing. It's as if I never even met Louis. No one in America found out about me, and I haven't seen Harry, Louis, or the rest of the boys in nearly a year. My life could not be more perfect. I know that sounds rude, but they broke me.

My aunt and Chris have really taken a liking to New York. Aside from a few things, of course. By the way, Kerri was right. Some New Yorkers are horrible people. They're so rude. I haven't noticed any of their ways brush off on me, though. I'm still the sweet girl from England who doesn't talk much.

Right now, Chris is at his new college in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He got accepted to Carnegie Melon University. I heard that school is really hard to get into. Aunt Jen and I are so proud of him. His new life is off to a good start. Same as Aunt Jen. She is working at her company as manager of the building. She makes great money, and she couldn't be happier. In fact, I think she might be seeing someone. This guy who works with her has been really sweet and helpful with everything. I think he fancies my aunt, and if she feels the same way, I completely approve.

Speaking of New York, I'm not there at the moment. I'm in California in the office of my record label. I have a meeting with my manager, James Harper, today. We are to discuss who I will be opening for in the summer. Since I'm a new artist, not many people know about me. To get exposure, I have to be an opening act this summer for a big time artist. Who? I'm not sure yet. We're also going to book some interviews and guest appearances on a few television shows.

I've been waiting for him for a while now. Maybe about twenty minutes. To pass the time, I decided to play my favourite game. Candy Crush. I used to think it was so stupid, but Lilly got me to start playing it. I haven't been able to put my phone down since. I'm on level 165. I know a lot of people who don't like the game, but I think it's addictive.

As I lost my last life, James walked through the door. I looked up and smiled at him. He smiled back at me with his light brown eyes and pink lips before taking a seat behind his desk.

James wasn't an old, strict guy. He seemed to be in his late twenties. I never asked though. He's been married for three years now with no children. His hair was a dark brown colour, and his eyes were just a few shades lighter than his hair. Even though he's my manager, he lets me call him James. He's not like most adults I know. He doesn't get upset if I don't call him Mr. Harper. He's really nice, and he listens to my ideas. Which is all I can really ask for at this point. I'm grateful to have a manager who listens to me.