Chapter 34 - DJing and Happy Faces

DJ'S POV

I took the van but took out the seats so I could fit in all my equipment. Ty, Adam, Mitch and Kaitlin were helping me wheel speakers, lights and all sorts of other things into the van. After managing to haul the things inside the van and slam the doors shut.

'That's everything! Thanks guys for the help,' I say.

'No problems. Better get going or you'll be late,' Mitch says.

'You can't wait to get rid of me can you? Anyways, see you later!' I say.

'Rock that stereo DJ!' Ty says.

'I'm gonna rock it hardcore parkour!' I say as I start up the van.

'SEE YOU LATER!' I shout as I drive off. 

The party was at a hall of some sorts and took me an hour to get there. Thankfully I had a SAT NAV so I got there just after 2 o'clock. I drove along the driveway until I came to a gate with someone in a booth. I rolled down my window to speak to him.

'Hi. I'm here to DJ for the party here.'

'What's your name?' He gruffed.

'I'm DJ from Raging Party Music Hire.'

'Hmmm. Alright. Head on through,' He sighed and raised the barrier.

I drove through a long gravel road lined with flowers and neatly trimmed hedges. This place looked nice. I turned a corner and found a large building. It had a driveway and pink decorations. I park up and walk inside. There was a few people sorting out decorations inside as well as a woman who was telling them what to do.

'Excuse me ma'am, but do you know where Mr or Mrs Dawsons might be?' I ask her.

'I am Mrs. Dawsons. Who are you?'

'I'm DJ from Raging Party Music Hire. Here to do your music for your daughter's party.' I smile.

'That is great. Allow me to show you what we have planned.' She said as she lead me to a huge room with balloons,stage, drink stands and other cool things (all pink of course).

'You will be placed in the center of the stage. We have people there to make sure nothing happens to your music items. My daughter is very happy to have you here DJ. Requested you out of everybody!'

'I am very happy to be here. Can't wait to get started! Before I set up, may I ask you a few questions?' I ask as we sit down on a table and I pull out a pencil and note pad.

'Of course.' She said.

'What lights do you want? I have flashing lights, fog machine, lasers, strobe lighting, ones that make patterns and just regular ones. Plus countless others.'

'All of them if that is alright. My daughter wants this to be a party none of her friends are going to forget!' The lady laughs.

'Ok. And what music does she like?' I say as I scribble notes down.

'Anything really. So a range would be perfect for her.' She said.

'Alright. Thanks. I didn't want to get anything wrong for her like wrong lights or music she doesn't like,' I explain as I stick the notebook and pencil back in my pocket.

'That's great thank you. Would you like me to get you some help for your equipment?'

'No thank you. I will be fine,' I decline nicely and go to the van and open up the doors, hauling out a wheeler for me to carry things on. I slide my speakers onto it and wheel the heavy wagon up to the stage which thankfully had a ramp rather than stairs. I collect everything from the van and begin to set it up. I set up the main base and place the four speakers either side, hooking them up and testing they work with headphones. Then came lights which had to be tried individually and the fog machines. I like doing the fog machines with the strobe lights because it makes it really cool! It was just before 4 and a girl just shorter than me came in.