Chapter 32 - Minecon Singing

DJ'S POV

We were signing stuff at Minecon when I thought of Kaitlin. I havn't seen her for a while. When I get back I am gonna go see her and we could go catch a movie or something. I wasn't sure. Last day of Minecon. Adam was singing which was exciting, I was going to meet Bodil40 and Bashurverse later on which I was looking forward to. Our backboard had changed again. This time it is a picture of all of us in real life with weapons from Minecraft fighting each other. I remember that Adam actually hit Jason in the face with his budder sword and Jerome smacked Betty against Ian's stomach. There was a line forming to get us to sign things. I had just finished siging a boy's book when someone came up to me in a black jumper with a zombie on it. They gave me a picture of us before I stood up and walked around the table to speak to them.

'Nice try Kaitlin, but you can't fool me!' I say as she pulls down her hood.

'I can't really can I?' She laughs.

I look at her, before becoming concerned. Her eyes were red and puffy and she sniffed. I knew something was going on. I grab her wrist and pull her through the crowd. I come face to face with a guard and I show him my pass and he lets me into the room. It was an storage room.

'What's going on huh?' I ask her as we sit down on a bench.

'Nothing. I'm fine.' She says, smiling.

'Dude, I know if something is up with my best friend. We have been friends for years, I may be a year younger than you, but I can tell if something is on your mind bro.' I say to her.

'I... Well...' Kaitlin stutters before sighing.

'Take your time bro. It's OK.' I reassure her.

'You know my parents, they love you and stuff. They have known you for years and you have known  them for years as well. But...They had a talk with me last night...' She paused before taking a deep breath. I could tell what was going to happen next. She was gonna cry.

'It's alright. What was the talk about?' I speak to her in a comforting tone (I don't really do comforting so I am trying my best here).

'They said...that...' She had tears forming in her eyes. 'They said that they don't want me to see you anymore.'

Tears rolled down her face. 'What?' I say.

'I know. They said that they don't want me to hang around with you anymore and we aren't allowed to be friends anymore.' She said.

'Why? You are like my older sister! They know that,' I say, shocked.

'You are like my younger, obnoxious sister. But Mum and Dad said that I cannot see you anymore. Because appearently you are becoming more famous and overcome by business than friends.'

'What the hell? I am not! Granted I do have my business but even that isn't really doing anything, dude. Just because I live with Team Crafted doesn't mean I am going to care about money more than friends! No way on Earth is that going to happen!' I say.

'I told them that! I said you aren't gonna ditch me for money! They said but she is famous on Youtube and stuff. I know you are now, but you care more about friends than anything else. I know about your past and stuff so meeting Mitch and Team Crafted was something which made you forget that. I know you wouldn't do anything like ditch friends. Of course you are gonna get asked to go to PAX and Minecon because, well, you are ToxicDJ! Kinda famous Minecraft Youtuber! You even said you would take me with you next time you go to PAX or Minecon...' Kaitlin sobbed. 

'I ain't ditching anyone for nothin' bro. Hell, I sent ya loads of things to make up for it AND when I got back we were gona spend a day together to catch up. Qustion: How did you get here?' I wonder.