Chapter 4 - Day at the Races

This chapter is mainly written in the view of Ty and DJ. But the next chapter will have a few more POVs in it.

DJ'S POV (A/N Sorry people, but this POV is gonna be rather long)

'I want the budder kart!' Shouted Adam as he jumped inside of it.

Typical. There were a red, blue and purple kart left. Ty looked at them before deciding on the purple one.

'This one looks fast' he said.

'Either blue or red for DJ,' called Jerome from his converable sports car.

'I know what one I want.' I said as I walked over to the red one.

Then I continued walking to the motorbike. 

'I'm chosing this.' I say as I sit down on it.

Mitch, Ian and Quentin shared confused and worried looks. They mentally asked what do we do, but Ian shrugged his shoulders. 

'DJ, you seriously aren't gonna ride that right?' Said Mitch.

Smiling, I say, 'Yeah! Course I am.'

'But you can't. You'll fall and hurt yourself or something,' Adam tried t persuade me to ride in a kart.

Rolling my eyes, I continue to speak. 'Dude, calm down. I'm gonna be fine! I may be a girl, but I can still ride a motorbike.'

Mitch sighed before saying, 'Trust me. She's as hard as nails.'

The guy that greeted us at the start came over to us and asked, 'Have you chosen your cars?'

We all said yes and he told us to start them up. But before I could start mine, he walked up to me and said, 'Wow. I don't think I've seen a girl choose a motorbike before. So you will need this.'

He said as he gave me a black helmet with a skull on. I flick my hair out my eyes before putting it on. It had a plastic visor so I lifted it up so I could so them better. 

'Right. Now you guys can power it up!' 

On cue, the guys in the car revved their engines and Ty and Adam started their karts. The guy jumped into a golf cart kind of thing and said 'Girl on the bike, start it up!'

I sat on it and kicked down the starting pedal. It roared to life and I kicked away the standing pedal and supported the bike with my feet on the ground.

'Now we are all ready, follow me!' He said as he began to drive away slowly.

'I'm gonna stay with ya.' Said Ty.

'Alright. This is gonna ROCK!' I shout as I put down the visor on my helmet.

Everyone drove after the employee. I revved up the engine of my bike and let go of the brakes. Turns out I revved up a bit more than I expected. The front wheel left the pavement and I was balancing on the back. Slowing down, the front wheel landed back on the floor and I sped off after Adam and the rest of the guys. The air was cool and refreshing and blew the ends of my hair in all directions. I was going at around 20 mph. Then I heard an approaching sound of a kart and glimpsed down to my left to find Ty keeping up with me.

'Hey! Can you hear me?' Sounded Ty's voice.

'Yeah. It's really loud. I must have a microphone in my helmet so I can hear everyone speaking.' I answer.

'That's awesome! Gotta ask, is this your first time riding a motorbike?'

'Kinda. I don't tend to race in them, but I do do tricks on the motorbike trick range sometimes. Racing on a motorbike is odd for me since I keep getting told that I'm not allowed for some reason. Even I'm not sure why.'