Chapter 14 - Skateboarding

TY'S POV

We had all crashed out whilst watching the Hunger Games. I stirred and looked around. Everybody was still crashed out. Looking down to my side, I see DJ curled up in a ball asleep on my. I was hugging her and her head was resting lightly on my chest. I smiled at her and put my head back on the pillow of the sofa. Then I remembered yesterday. DJ telling us all about her past. She also explained she's waiting to get a letter from the counsil saying her name has offically been changed to DJ. She kindly asked us not to call her Kyte although she is keepng the 'Scarlet Thorne' part of her name. I sighed and saw Adam twitch slightly. I rolled my eyes and DJ began to stir. Her hand grabbed my shirt in content as her beautiful grey eyes fluttered open. They looked at mine.

'Morning.' I whisper to her.

Smiling she replied sleepily, 'Morning Deadlox. Anyone else awake?'

'Not yet, Toxic,' I laugh lightly as I said her user name in return to her saying mine.

'What time is it?'

'Umm... 7:30.' I say. 'You checked your views on your videos and subbers yet?' I wonder.

'No. Not yet. I'm gonna check now.' She pulled out her phone which had a picture of my minecraft avatar holding a sword with a caption saying 'Deadlox, the King of Parkour'.

'Nice case.' I chuckle.

'I have one for all of you guys. Plus one for Merome and Skylox' she said as she logged into Youtube on her phone. 

Clicking her channel, her eyes widened as did mind at her subbers. From 1 to almost 1,000 in a few days and 3,000 views on her videos in total. All of us in Team Crafted subbed to her and put her channel in our recommended box on our channels so hopefully people will check it out.

'Congrats dude! Nearly 1000 members of the Toxic Army. Nice going!' I say.

'Thanks. I can't believe it,' she said as she sat up. I sat up too.

'Mind if I have a congrats hug from my girlie?' I say to her.

She smiled before we edged closer to each other. I put out my arms and she fell into them. I rested my head on hers and we hugged. This was my first hug from her. Must say, DJ was a really good hugger. I may be her first boyfriend (still amazed that a good looking girl of 16 has never had a boyfriend) but I swear I am gonna be the best one she has. She was resting against me, my arms against her skin.

'Are you always this cold,' I joke.

'Yeah. I am rarely warm, but I heat up when I get embarrassed rather than blush.' DJ smiles.

I see Adam twitch awake and sit up. We loosen our hug until we are sat side my side. He rubbed the back of his neck and turned to face us. Surprisingly Adam was up early... Something new for the log book. Then, everybody seems to wake up at once. 

-AFTER BREAKFAST COZ I'M TOO LAZY ONCE AGAIN-

We go to get changed. I decide to put on a black shirt with red lining and jeans rather than my trademark clothes. I flick my hair out my face and DJ comes bounding down the stairs in a shirt with all of the members of Team Crafted on and black jeans which are ripped at the feet.

'What are we gonna do today? The weather is brighter today.' Jason asks.

'Umm...Skateboarding? We have an awesome skate park near here.' Mitch says.

'Yeah. We knew you would ask us to go so we bungged our skateboards in Adam's car,' Jordan said as Adam chucked him his car keys.

'I'll go get our skateboards yeah?' DJ says.

Mitch nods and DJ bounds out the house and into the garden, coming back a minute later with two skateboards. One was black and red and the other was black, red and yellow. DJ's was the black and red one and Mitch had the other. Jordan burst through the front door with the skateboards in hand. I run up to help in and help him carry them through. Everybody grabs theirs and we walk out the door, skateboards in hand. Mitch locked the door and we walk along the street chatting. Soon we could see the skate park.

'Race you guys there,' Jason placed down his skateboard and got on it.

'You are on, space-kid!' DJ laughs as she places hers down.

'On your marks, get set...GO!' Jerome counted down and DJ and Jason sped off. I ran off to keep up with them when I hear Adam on his skatebaord speed past me screaming 'WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWW!' Eventually, we all got to the skatepark where DJ was fake crying and Jason doubling over laughing. 

'Wow. Jason beat DJ.' Mitch said.

'Yeha but he got a head start!' DJ said getting up.

'Whatever. What we gonna do first?' Jason said looking around.

'Can you all do tricks?' DJ asks us.

We all nod before Ian says, 'What about a trick contest. We each go on the half-pipe and have 30 seconds to do the most awesome tricks we can?'

'Good idea Ian, Quentin's first!' Jerome says.

'No pain, no gain.' Quentin shouts.

'What about youngest first?' I say.

'Who's youngest here?' Jason asks.

'Jason probably. How old are you, DJ?' Jordan asks

'16.' She says.

'Woah. Jason you are older than somebody here!' Mitch laughs.

'I don't wanna go first...' moaned DJ.

'It is ladies first,' Adam bowed.

DJ raised her eyebrow (the visible one) and said, 'Says the person who called me a guy when we first met. And the person who said I am an actual girl rather than a guy.'

'Fair point. Jason's first!' Adam shrieks as he pushes Jason towards the half-pipe.

He places his board down, adjusts his baseball cap and begins to get some speed. I start a timer on my phone for thirty seconds. I nod and he begins jumping and doing board flips. Thirty seconds later he came off with a smile on his face.

'Beat four skatebaord flips.' He said, waving his space skateboard around in the air.

'Jerome next!' Mitch said as Jerome stepped forward.

'HASHTAG MEROME FOR DAYS!' He shouted as he did some cool turn trick on the half-pipe.

'Nice one, biggums. Ladies next!' Quentin said.

'Off you go Adam.' DJ said.

'Why?'

'Quentin said ladies next. So ladies next.' She laughed.

He gave her a fake laugh and she turned for the pipe. She climbed to the top and I started the clock. She wooped as she jumped and skated up an down the pipe, doing small twists on her skateboard. In the last ten seconds, she went really fast adn did a flip but landed wrong. Her skatebaord wheels broke and it went flying off the halfpipe and next to a building. DJ landed on her hands and knees.

'Woah. You alright?' I ask her, helping her to her feet.

'Yeah. But broke my skateboard. I'll go get it quickly. Be right back!' She calls as she runs off to her skateboard.

'Must admit Mitch, she has got skills on a skateboard. You taught her well,' I say to him.