Chapter 5 - Party Time!

TY'S POV

We stood in the living room with a massive black contraption in front of us. Mitch and DJ were stood either side of it, both of them smiling. 

'Dudes, what is that?' Jerome asked what everyone was wondering.

'This, is what is gonna make this party rock! Quentin, can you kill the lights?' Mitch asked.

As the lights were turned off, the house was pitch black because the curtains were pulled shut. Then, a blast of multi-coloured lights came on. They flew around the house and made patterns on the walls and floors. It was like a disco! 

'Awesome! Loving the lights,' Ian laughed.

Adam ran around chasing a stream of yellow lights. 

'They must have cost you a fortune!' Jerome says.

'They cost a fair bit, but worth it.' DJ replied.

'So, it's a massive light system?' Wonders Jason.

Smiling, DJ went round the back of it and started up the contraption. She grabbed a pair of headphones similar to mine and put them around her neck. She flicked some switches and put in a CD or something.

'Let me put it as this, you can't have a party without the tunes!' She called.

'Wait a sec. DJ, are you a...' Jordan started but didn't finish.

Laughing she smiled, 'They don't call me DJ for nothing!' 

She clipped on a microphone and spoke into it.

'Let's get this party started!'

DJ flicked a switch and the intro for 'Dynamite' came on. We started dancing as the lyrics came on. But they weren't the original ones, they were the lyrics to Jordan's parody 'TNT'! Laughing, DJ began dancing behind the DJ stand. The lights changed colours, the music was awesome and everyone was laughing and was having a great time. Two hours into the disco, DJ was still at her stand, scratching the songs and merging them together. 

Jason came up to me and said 'Can I speak with you for a sec?'

He took me upstairs into Mitch's bedroom.

'What's up?' I ask.

'DJ's been up there for ages. Go and ask her to come down and join us.' He says.

That is true. She has been up there and hasn't danced with any of us. 

'Why are you asking me to do it?' I ask him.

'Dude, just do it. At this rate, she's gonna be up their all night and she won't have danced with any of us at all.'

Sighing, I nod and we joined the other guys downstairs. I walked over to DJ and she walked over to me.

'Hey dude, sup?' She asks.

I could feel myself going red, but the lights didn't show it thankfully.

'You've been up there for ages. Come and join us on the dancefloor,' I tell her.

Smiling, she agreed. DJ went back to the stand and flicked on a few switches wich I guessed would put it on auto shuffle rather than manual. She put her headphones and microphone on the stand and grabbed a remote of some kind before joining me with the guys on the dance floor.

'Great tunes DJ! You are awesome!' Jordan says.

'Thanks.'

Everybody was dancing and having an awesome time. Jason walked around behind me and pushed me into DJ. I Held onto her arm to stop her from falling and she smiled awkwardly at me.