December 31

-Princeton's POV

Diamond was in front on the refrigerator looking for something.

"Diamond--"

"It's fine." She cuts me off.

I grab her chin and gently turn her to me. "Talk to me."

Diamond smiles then giggles. "I'm fine. Don't be so serious."

She's good at putting up walls, I think to myself.

"Heather forced herself on me."

Diamond grabs orange juice and closes the refrigerator door. "I get it, you guys are going out right? You don't have to explain anything to me."

"Stop putting up a act."

"Why don't you go to Heather?"

I sigh. "That's not what you want that's why."

"Why do you care what I want?" Diamond says while turning around to the counter.

"Because I care about you."

She shrugs while pouring her juice. "I don't care if you go with her. I'm ok with it."

"Why are you lying? Tell me what you want."

Diamond groans. She stays in silence for a while but I could tell she was about to speak so I wait. Diamond turned around to me. I step closer to her.

"Stop asking me what I want. What do you want?" She ask.

"I don't want you." I say honestly.

Diamonds face sinks and her true emotions really come out. "Ok."

She looks down at her fingers. I cup her cheeks in my hands and look her in her eyes. "What?" When she says that a tear runs down her cheek.

"Diamond I don't just want you, I need you."

"You're only saying that because I'm crying." She moves her my hand away then walks upstairs.

I groan then sit on the floor running my hands through my hair thinking.
How could things be so shitty?

•~•~•

-Diamond's POV

When I got to my room I put my juice on the bedside table. I drop myself on the bed and look up at the ceiling thinking long and hard.

Honestly do I need him? My life was just fine without him... but it's better with him. The only thing is that I don't want Heather to hurt herself. She cut her wrist right in front of me. Once I saw her blood drip down on the floor I lost all my breath. How am I suppose to go with him?

Yeah she was being a tad dramatic but still. She's my friend. I think I'm gonna drop the 'best' in best friend since what Princeton told me.

I feel like I have to make a choice between Heathers life and my happiness. But thinking about it deeper it didn't feel like Heathers tears were real. I just don't know anymore.

-•-•-Next Morning

I woke up and looked at the alarm clock. It was December 31 after today was New Years then we are on a flight back home which I was thankful for that coming so soon. This was just not the best vacation.

I grabbed my towel and dragged myself to the bathroom. My eyes were so blurry I wasn't surprised that I bumped into someone. I rub my eyes and see a afro instantly knowing it was Princeton.

"Excuse me." I say politely.

My vision clears and I see him standing there with water dripping down his body. But it's not gonna make me melt like it did last time.