He's Famous

I looked at the beautiful sky as my best friend, Heather rambled on about some boy. I haven't talked in like ten minutes but that how it always is. I guess you can say I'm that type to hold my tongue and keep everything in.

"DIAMOND!" Heather screams in my ear making me jump. "You're not even listening. That boy in art class totally likes you."

I shrug. I'm not really interested in running around for some boy. Who needs that stress? One minute a girl swear she'll marry a guy then the next she is telling everyone how much she hates him. That's not gonna be me. I'm staying stress free.

Heather bumps me. "You can't just turn down every boy that likes you."

"Uh I do not do that."

Someone taps my shoulder. I turn around to see Jackson, the most popular boy in school. I smile at him and he holds up my charm bracelet.

"Hey Diamond I think you dropped this."

I take it. "Thank you. That's really sweet of you."

"Hi Jackson." I turn to Heather who is twirling her hair around her finger.

I wave goodbye and start walking off. This is sorta the time where Heather takes the guy. I mean she is beautiful and she had the body. So it's regular for a guy to like me then once he sees Heather he forgets about me. I'm just little ole Diamond.

"Wait Diamond!" Jackson yells.

I turn around and he has this paper in his hand. "Yeah?"

"I was wondering if you would come to my party, it's this Saturday. You could be my special guest."

I shake my head. "I don't know. I'm not the party type."

Jackson smiles at looks at me. "Party with me."

"I'll think about it." I turn around and continue to leave.

When I'm at my volunteer work I set down my book bag and look at all the little kids. I work at a nursery for these cute little kids. I love them.

I go over to Noah and he jumps on me. I pick him up and he hugs me. "Diamond guess what!"

"What!" I mimic his enthusiasm.

"My uncle is coming to get me today!"

I turn around with him. "Yay!"

I set him down and continue to play with him.

-

At six o'clock mostly everyone was gone except Noah and another little boy. It was fine because the program ended at seven so it was understandable for parents to not be here.

-

At eight o'clock I was getting angry. There was only Noah here and I'm guessing his great uncle isn't so great. My boss also left me so I was all alone with a sleeping little boy. This is great.

-

At eight fifty a curly headed boy came busting through the door. I looked up at him and he ran over to me breathing heavy.

"I'm so sorry I'm late." The boy says.

Since he looked like he was really sorry I forgave him and smiled. I stood up.

"It's fine." I say. "Noah is a great kid."

He chuckles. "Yeah sometimes."

I laugh. "So my name is Diamond I volunteer here so I don't think you've seen me."

The guy shakes his head. "I'm Princeton, Noah's uncle."

"That's a cool name."

He laughs. "Thank you."