24.) Hurt You

God knows I never meant to hurt you, I never meant to break your heart, your heart, babe. God knows I never meant to turn you on, turn you out. Never meant to take it that far, that far, babe. -BabyFace/Toni

*Three days later...*

I swiped left to ignore the now thirty second time Mizhano has called me. I rolled my eyes at how persistent he gets when he's the one that has fucked up. I flush the toilet and squirt some hand sanitizer into my hands. I exit the bathroom making my way towards Jayln's room. His door was cracked as I stepped forward peeking in on him through the crack..

" I don't understand why you can't believe me when I say stuff. It always has to be an argument with you. " He was walking around the room casually talking on the phone. I didn't really want to interrupt but I am nosy. I placed my ear to the door to hear clearly.

" You're always starting with me Jayln. Every time you leave and come back you expect me to put everything I'm doing on hold to satisfy you. You chose to leave before we could work on us. " The other voice says. I guess that's his boyfriend Brenden.

" I wouldn't have to if you would stop throwing stuff up in my face. Why is it that each time I think we've solved something you bring it back up minutes later? " Jayln asks plopping down on his bed.

" I don't bring up shit! Each time I turn around you're accusing me of something else. You accuse me of cheating, you get mad when I'm around Maeko my ex, you cut me off from ass, so forgive me if I may be a little unhinged. "

These two were really going for the gold. I will say it was very nice to see that Jayln has his flaws too, and that I'm not just the stupid boy that stays. I continued to listen in on the conversation. If I'm nosy you're a whore. It just hit me how I have impeccable hearing.

" That's all you can talk about is sex. I give you head when you need, handjobs when I can't, and ass when you need. Sex between us was supposed to be an extracurricular activity instead you made it into homework. You know how I felt about homework back then. " Jayln argued.

I really liked that quote. I'm going to steal it for Mizhano.

" You're accusing me for all I know... You and your cousin could be down there fucking off. " The boy insinuates.

" That's where you're wrong. I've been chilling. I feel like you start these arguments, so that you'll have a reason to cheat. "

" You know what fuck you Jayln. Bye man. "

Jayln sprung up from the bed. " Oh typical you wanting to run when you get called out. "

" Bye. " Brenden says one final time before ending the call.

Once I see Jayln look at the phone confused, I enter the room. He tossed his phone on the bed sitting down. He began to rub his temples from the stress of that call. I went over and sat down by him. I rubbed his back lightly trying to console him. He looked over at me, and wrapped his arms around me. He burst into tears on my shoulder, and all I could do was allow him to get it out. I know this probably something that has been plaguing him.

I kind of feel guilty because I know the only reason he came back was to help me. If he was going through this much I would've been comfortable with him coming later. He tries to maintain this image that his relationship is perfect. I know as well as anyone how all relationships have their cracks. I can also understand what makes you stay. I may not be the best person to give advice, but I'm sure going to try.