12.) Almost Doesn't Count

Almost made you love me, Almost made you cry, Almost made you happy, baby Didn't I, didn't I. You almost had me thinkin', You were turned around, But everybody knows, Almost doesn't count. -Brandy

*Roman Reeves*

Once Zhan hung up on me I was so angry. I was in here for no reason. I have never done anything wrong to deserve all the trouble I get entwined into. I love Zhan with all my heart but when is enough going to be enough. They guards placed the handcuffs back on me, and walked me back to my little cell. I hadn't yet had on a jumpsuit because I wasn't processed for anything.

I laid down onto the hard steel mattress, and shut my eyes briefly. I hated these white brick walls surrounding me. I don't understand how someone who is supposed to care so much for me can allow me to go to jail for him. I was deep in my thoughts when I heard the jail door click. A man and a woman walked into the jail cell and stood before me. She has on a black suit, and the man standing beside her had on a blue one. I sat up staring at them as they looked me over.

" Is this the one that had the car Louis? " The woman turned to the officer and asked.

" Yes Ma'am. " He responded.

" He doesn't even look like a car thief. " She says, looking at me briefly. I doubt she was trying to whisper. Her eyes averted back to the officer.

" This is the boy they brought in that was driving the car. " He answered.

" Leave us for a second. " The man beside her spoke...

" Sure. I'll be outside. " The officer says, and stepped on the other side of the cell door and closed it. I hope I am not about to die in this jail cell right now.

They couple turned to me. The woman began approaching me. My heart was beating a mile a minute but I was as quiet as can be. She stood in front of me looking down as I held my head down. " Do you mind if I sit down? "

I slid over. " I don't mind. "

She smiled and took a seat next to me. " What's your name son? "

" Roman. " I answered back.

" Roman huh... Last name? " She asked.

" Reeves. " I responded, skeptically.

" Hmm. I knew your parents. I'm so sorry for their departure. " She said, sullen.

I rolled my eyes at the thought of them. " I'm not. "

" Sorry to hear that. I had to come see you for myself. I had to see who would dare steal my son's car. "

" Ma'am I didn't... "

She cuts me off. " I know you didn't. "

" Huh? " I say, confused. I don't know if I'm in trouble or not.

" Son I could tell when I walked in here you aren't the least bit of street smart. " The guy said.