23.) Jealous 2.0

Look, boy don't tell me that you sorry when, You with them bitches every night when you be partying. Then you come late night, trying to hide your phone. You know that shit'll always end up in an argument, look. Why you always taking risk with me? Hold me close by my waist, take pics with me Women crush Wednesday's ain't mean shit to me. Little kid shit, I don't let it get to me. - Kehlani/Lexii

Roman Reeves

I sat on the sofa with my bowl of cereal in hand. I turned on the TV turning to Nickelodeon reruns of Jimmy Newtron. It still felt weird being in this house. I had yet to go into my parents room though I know majority of their stuff is still in there after all these months. I was glad that our house wasn't put on market so soon. I really appreciated Jayln and my aunt going the distance to get me back in my own space..

I'm trying to avoid stepping in there for as long as can. Eventually, I know I'll need full closure. I continued to eat my food. I had the heater on the ground next to me because of how cold the house was. I was wrapped up in my sheet taking occasional bites. I could hear Jayln coming down the stairs. I looked back at him rubbing his eyes coming over towards the sofa. He looked over my shoulder at my bowl.

" Is it some more? " He asked, walling towards the kitchen.

" Yeah. " I replied, looking back at him then the TV.

He went into the kitchen moving silverware around and closing cabinets. " Why you open those? I want some Frosted Flakes. "

" Okay so go ahead and open em. " I rolled my eyes looking back towards the TV.

I laughed a bit because this episode was one of my favorites growing up. Jayln walked into the living room and took a seat next to me. I finished my bowl, and drunk the remaining milk leftover. Once I was done I sat the bowl on the table. I grabbed my phone responding to the good morning text I had just received.

" So what happened? " Jayln asked, pushing his cereal around.

I began typing back. " With what? "

" Don't play stupid Roman. " He took a spoonful of cereal a into his mouth. " You and Mizhano. " He stated while chewing.

" Oh. " I shrugged. " He came over to talk. " I sent off my message then placed my phone back down.

" Okay so who you texting? " He asked.

" Um. " I looked at my phone. " Nobody. "

" Why are you lying? " He began laughing. " When I came home he was leaving out, and you were on the sofa sleep naked. It smelt funky in here. "

" Okay. " I sighed. " He asked could he come over and talk. "

He rolled his eyes. " To fuck. "

" No. To talk. " I restated. " We started off talking for real. He started to ask me about why I came back here, and what happened with La'rey. "

Jayln cut me off. " And what did you tell him? "

" The truth. " I side eyed him. " I'm tired of holding back. After I told him we got into a conversation about us. I basically told him he's the reason why my relationships fail. "

" But you gotta take some blame too Roman. He's something you can't shake. I really don't think you want to. " Jayln lectured.

My phone vibrated as I picked it up. " I truly do. " I began texting back.