10.) Next 2 You

And baby, everything that I have is yours, You will never go cold or hungry. I'll be there when you're insecure, Let you know that you're always lovely. Girl, 'cause you are the only thing that I got right now. One day, when the sky is falling, I'll be standing, right next to you, Right next to you.. -Chris Brown

I hadn't realized than I closed my eyes and dozed off. I opened my eyes, and sat up looking around the dark room. I was sleeping on my stomach, and La'rey was on his side turned away from me. I hate that he shuns me for things beyond my control. I want to confess to him all my troubles, but it's not his battle in life. I refused to push my problems off on someone else.

I looked to see my phone on the night stand. I eased out of bed, and tip toed over to the dresser trying not to wake La'rey. I grabbed the phone up, and hit the power button. It was going on 12:10am. I can't believe everybody in the house went to sleep so early. I went to my notification bar, and I seen I had a missed call from Mizhano. He never calls me past 9pm. I set my phone back down, and began walking into the bathroom. Once I reach the door, my phone began ringing. I looked at La'rey shuffling in the bed.

I slowly walked back over to the dresser. I grabbed up my phone, and nuzzled the speaker of the phone into my under arm. I walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I pulled the phone back out, and answered it.

" Hello. "

" Roman... "

I already knew who's voice this was.

" Yes Zhan? "

" You finally answered. " He chuckled.

" Hmm. "

" Where you at right now? I-I need to see your face. " His speech was slurred so it was clear, and obvious he was intoxicated.

" Zhan you hurt me so bad. "

" R-Roman. All I want is for you to love me. " He slurred into the phone. " You make me love you ha- I need you you with me. "

I wiped my eye as a tear dropped from it. I sniffled and placed the phone back to my ear. " Where are you? "

" I'm sitting on the porch of your old house. " He says.

I exit out of the bathroom and walk towards La'rey's closet. I put on a quick jogger outfit, and I slide on a pair of his Nike slides. I pick up my phone, and look back at La'rey sleeping peacefully on his pillow. I smile to myself and close the door quietly.

" I'm on my way Zhan. " I hang up the phone and tip toe down the stairs.

It feels like when you're trying to be quiet, you make the most noise. I got to the bottom of the stairs, and peeked into the living room. The house was pitch black. I walked over to the front door, and looked out the window seeing Hayden walking up the porch. I nearly fell trying to run to the back door of the house. Once I reach the kitchen, I open the backdoor and ease out quietly. Of course I locked the door behind me.

I turned back to see the kitchen light on. I walked over to the gate, and unlatched the lock. I made my way out of the yard, and towards my old home. My mind starts to cloud back to when Mizhano and I had good times with each other. Good times between him and I are rare, but when we do have one I cherish it..

" Why do you do that? " Zhan asks

" Do what? " I asked back for clarity.

" Walk with your head down. When you're with me you have no reason to frown or hide your face. " He says, lifting my head up.