19.) Build A Man

If only I could build me a man,
He'd be everything. If only I could build me a man, I'll make him perfect for me. 'Cause all the ones I know. They all disappoint and do whatever they want. If only I could build me a man, I'll make him perfect for me. - K Michelle

(Vote first)

I sat on the toilet in the bathroom wiping my tears. I had one arm on the sink with my hand covering my forehead. I haven't felt this coflicted in a while. I'm trying so hard to move on with my day to day. I really like La'rey a lot, but when I see Zhan I can't help but to feel conflicted. People must understand emotional abuse is just as bad as physical. You start to believe you aren't good for anyone else. That one person can have a hold on you without even being around you.

I could hear the doorknob to the bathroom wiggling. I started at hoping it would stop, and the person responsible would go away. The handle finally stopped moving, and I exhale a breath of relief. I started to get consumed by my inner monologue again that I didn't realize the lock to the door was turning on it's own. The door swung open revealing La'rey. I rolled my eyes, and propped over forward placing my head in my hands.

" Why did you break in here? " I questioned.

He sat the penny down on the sink. " You can't keep avoiding these conversations with me. "

" You hurt me La'rey. I never thought you'd put your hands on me. " I said, looking at him.

His face was puzzled. " Roman don't do that. "

" Do what... " I sat upright.

" You not about to sit here and play like I beat or battered you. I grabbed your arm. " He argued. " You don't get the right to act like a victim right now bro. "

I sighed irritatedly. " You didn't even let me explain! "

" I saw all I needed to maybe I am jumping the gun. Help me to understand it all Roman. " He crossed his arms standing in front of me.

" He just so happened to be at the same store as Jayln and I. I was trying to leave but he wouldn't let me. When we finally did Jayln and I left. We were waiting on the bus when you showed up and saw what you saw. "

" You have to understand Roman... " He licked his lips and paused. " For me... I can't help but feel like I'm still in this competition with him. I don't really think your mind is made up. When I told you I wanted you I meant that. When you said it in return you were using me as a rebound. "

I shook my head in utter disagreement. " That is not true. What do you want me to do La'rey. I'm trying! "

" At this point Roman I do not know. This is never going to be something until you can get over him. I'm trying to make you like me as much as I like you. I'm still chasing you and we are together. Maybe this thing we got was a mistake. "

I stood to my feet and walked into his room. I grabbed one of his book bags and started stuffing things in. He stood behind me watching. I maneuvered around him as I packed. He grabbed my arm stopping me.

" What you doing man? "

I pulled my arm away from him. " How many times do we have argue about the same thing? Why can't you trust me? Rey I want to be with you. It's obvious you can't see past yourself to understand that. I'm going to leave. " I zipped my bag up and walked to the door.