17.) Trust Issues

Same nigga that you knew way back when. You actin' like it's somebody you don't know. Tell me how the fuck we supposed to stay friends. When you got a bunch of feelings that you don't show. -Drake

*La'rey P.O.V*

I watched as Roman jumped up and down hugging this guy whom I've never met. I cleared my throat as their giddy jumping came to an abrupt end. Roman straightened out his shirt, and looked at me.

" La'rey sorry. This is my cousin Jayln. Jayln this is La'rey. " He introduced us as he held out his hand.

I smiled and extended my hand into his. " His boyfriend La'rey. He left that part off. Nice to meet you. "

" Oh! It's my pleasure. " He smiled, excitedly.

" Rey would you mind if he came in? " Roman asked, grabbing my hand.

" He doesn't steal does he? " I joked, but was serious as hell.

" Rey. " Roman eyed me.

" It's cool. I would ask as well. No I don't. " He said, pleasantly.

" Well then come on in. " I stepped aside.

They both reenter the house. I shut the door behind us as Roman walks them towards the living Roman to make introductions. I couldn't help but feel slightly neglected. Now that his family is here does this mean I won't be getting that much attention? We all walked near the living room where Hayden and Theo were, but the introductions had already began...

I looked on as Roman spoke with such excitement just by this one person being here. They began to chat with the family for a minute. I remained quiet because I was undoubtedly jealous. I stood near the wall as they were conversing. The front door opened up, and I looked back to see Faizon. He nodded to me as I returned the gesture.

He began to approach me. I held out my hand as he smacked it. He was about to speak when he saw Jayln and Roman talking with everyone. He nudged me and I looked at him. His eyes darted between Roman and I. I motioned for him to follow me to the kitchen. He walked away as I looked once more and walked off. I went into the kitchen as Faizon was pouring him some orange juice in a glass.

" Who's that dude? " He asks, straightforward.

I walk over to the opposite counter and hop onto it. " That's his cousin. "

" I didn't really think he had anymore family. He barely talks about them. " Faizon commented.

" That's what I was thinking. " I shrug.

" Why you looking down? What's wrong twin? " He asks, crossing his arms.

" I mean... " I sigh. " I'm glad for him and all but where does that leave us. I feel like I'm working super hard to get this nigga to be happy and crack a smile but he has shown me constantly that he isn't happy here. "

" But that is always how he's been since high school just real secluded. Has he told you this? "

" In more ways than one without saying it directly. I'm losing energy for it at this point. " After I say this Roman walks into the kitchen.

" Hey my cousin and I are about to go out for a minute. Just wanted to let you know. I'll be back soon. "

I looked into his eyes as he stood in front of me noticing his joy. " Alright babe. Call me if anything. " He leaned in to kiss me. Our lips planted and he wiped the side of my lip afterwards.