21.) Unconditional

If you love me like you say you love me, You'll be a man, you'll grab my hand. Take me as I am I wanna l-l-l-l-l-l-l-love unconditional. I wanna l-l-l-l-l-l-l-love unconditional. I wanna l-l-l-l-l-l-l-love unconditional- Kehlani (Vote first.)

Roman Reeves

I sat on the sofa curled up with my forehead to my knees. I feel so guilty for what I did. God has this way of testing me periodically. Why couldn't this one time I vent without being punished for it. My heart was racing and I was so afraid of what would occur once La'rey got home. Jayln sat on the sofa opposite of me rubbing my shoulder. I'm glad he didn't leave my side, and he would be here for emotional support.

I could hear a car pull up outside. I looked at the door as the tears fell down my face. I heard the key pushing to the doorknob as the door flung open. There stood La'rey standing there in full rage holding some boxes. His eyes locked onto me, and I could see the fire brimming. The hurt was radiating from his breathing to his glare he had in his eye that I'd only seen when he was standing in front of Mizhano.

" Rey... " I called out as he made his way up the stairs.

" Don't say shit to me. " He said, gravelly.

I looked back at Jayln as our eyes met, and we shared a look of sadness. I took a deep breath as I made my way towards the stairs. Once I reach them I quickly jumped out of the way as a box of clothes was flung down in my direction. I looked down at it feeling my heart shatter into a million pieces. I ran up the stairs and into the room seeing him pack some more of my things.

I walked in and grabbed his arm. " La'rey stop. " He looked back at me then snatched his arm away from me. He moved about the room packing anything that belonged to me including my toothbrush. " Rey please talk to me. " I cried

" I'm through talking to you. You broke my fucking heart Roman. " He stopped to look at me. " I heard what you said. How could you do this to me? "

" I'm sorry... " My voice croaked. " I was venting. I wish I could take it back. "

" Roman we had several talks about this. I told you I didn't want to be a rebound. Look at what you made me out to be. "

I tried to grab his hand but he moved back again. " La'rey I didn't mean for you to hear that. I really want to make things work with you. "

He scrunches his face up in disgust. I cannot believe this is how he is looking at me. " Roman I'm the one that tried to make us work. I was putting in 99% trying to give you room to give at least 1% in return. Do you realize how much I went to bat for you? "

" Baby I... "

" Cut the bullshit. Roman I was in love with you. Do you want to know the worst things about being in love with someone like you is... " He said dropping the box. " Watching you make the same mistakes over again and fixing them like it was your fault. Trying to shower you with love and respect only to get nothing but half assed respect in return. The worst of it all Roman was falling in love with you and watching you still love someone else. "