Chapter 4: I'm so dead right now!

Matt's POV

I was sitting on my bed, playing one of my many games on the DS. Mello was sitting at his desk, studying as usual. He always studied, he said it was so that he could surpass Near. Even though Mello was number two, Matt thought he was number one. Mello was his best friend, he constantly studied, he tried so hard just to be number one. And what did Near do? Nothing. He felt really sorry for Mello sometimes.

Matt occasionally studied, he didn't really care about being the next L and surpassing people and whatnot. He just cared about his games. He was in the middle of a quest on his game when suddenly he heard someone say "SURPRISE!" 

His head wipped 'round to see a random girl with brown/rainbow hair at the end of his bed holding a chocolate bar. By now Mello had also turned around to see this girl. 

He recognised her now, she was that new girl, the one that's room was next door.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Mello all but shouted.

Matt too was thoroughly confused. But less angry. Mello after his tantrums was still extremely dangerous. He hoped that he didn't murder this girl.

Mello's face looked like a crazed pyschopath. Matt was still really confused. And for some crazy reason this girl was still smiling, she didn't look scared? Okay now he was really worried for her safety. 

She chucked the chocolate at Mello, luckily missing his head. 

"Oops, sorry! My aim is really bad. Well that's for you" She said, laughing nervously

Mello was still raging, so I intervened and started to talk, before Mello could murder this poor child.

"Umm, what are you doing here?"

Link's POV

Okay, I was really dead now. I couldn't just say 'Hey Mello and Matt, I was bored so I decided to set up cameras and bugs in your room' so I improvised. At least the other girl was still fine. I wonder what she was in here for.

"Well you see, I was searching for bodies! Yes bodies, I read that there was a serial killer that buried the bodies of ...ummm"

'No, now is not the time to say that a serial killer was burying the bodies of unicorns,' I thought.

"The bodies of children, in the FLOOR BOARDS! Yes that's it. And I was investigating! True story" 

NOTE TO SELF: Saying 'true story' while lying doesn't make it convincing

"Are you trying to be funny?! You're trying to fool two of the smatest kids at Wammy's with a story like that?!" Mello exclaimed.

Just then, Matt picked up one of the bugs. Oops... I had forgot to hide that one. "What's this?!" 

"I don't know what you're talking about, you must be delusional"

NOTE TO SELF: Calling two very annoyed 13 year old boys delusional while trying to explain as to why you were hiding under their bed is NOT a good idea. 

"Okay, okay I admit it! I thought this was the kitchen! I'm sorry, I was mistaken" 

If it weren't for the other girl, I would be long gone, running for my life in fact. I just need to stall until, until what?! I don't even know. 

And then came the string of insults from Mello, his fists were clenched tightly at his sides and he looked really scary. But I still wasn't scared.

Matt, on the other hand, looked a lot more calm, confused but much calmer. He was my only hope. 

I shot him a desperate look, trying to say I'd explain later. Gosh, I hope he understands. Otherwise I'm done for! I really don't feel like dying at the moment, it would be really inconvenient. 

But thank the Lord, he understood. Quickly he grabbed Mello's arm and dragged him to the bathroom, where he locked the door. As fast as I could I rushed over to Mello's bed and helped the girl out. 

We didn't have much time. Mello was banging on the door, yelling at Matt to let him out so he could punch me and what not. 

I ran to my room and pulled the girl inside. Then I locked the door as fast as I could and set up as many defences as possible. Oh yes, I am a paranoid child so I have laser trip wires and many other things in my room. 

Then it was time to watch the monitors. Mello came bursting out of the bathroom and started cursing. Matt came out after, he looked like Mello had taken out his rage on him. Man, I owe him big time. Poor baby. 

I would make it up to them, I promised myself. And with that I turned off the monitors

NOTE TO SELF: Setting up bugs and cameras in some crazy's room because you were bored and wanted to see what video games his roommate played was probably one of your worst ideas

I turned to the other girl. "Hi" I said smiling.